New pre subrelease VirtueMart 2.0.3. UPDATE I

Started by Milbo, March 14, 2012, 19:34:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milbo

Quote from: corymp on March 18, 2012, 03:28:23 AM
The major issue still present is that the dropdown box is wrapped in a radio button element. which don't make sense.
Just use the position ontop for the customs
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

TBoele

Quote from: Milbo on March 18, 2012, 18:51:17 PM

So that's it ? Still ignoring the problems ?
We use the ontop position for the custom field and still see the radio button.

corymp

Quote from: Milbo on March 18, 2012, 18:51:17 PM
Quote from: corymp on March 18, 2012, 03:28:23 AM
The major issue still present is that the dropdown box is wrapped in a radio button element. which don't make sense.
I had that set all along. but this is not exactly a custom field. It isn't displayed like a custom field.  this is displayed like   if (!empty($this->product->customfieldsCart)) does the positions work for this? Anyway I take that back about this being the biggest problem. I would like to see the other issues I stated dealt with first. Your solution do not work to remove that radio button. unless I could do say    <?php if (!empty($this->product->customfieldsCartSorted['ontop'])) ?><?php foreach ($this->product->customfieldsCartSorted['ontop'] as $field) {  ?>

I have tried this but there is still the radio button. So far I can only remove it with styling the element to display:none

Please respond on the other items in my post. and refer to my website and notice the page titles when a custom child is selected. The title should be the same as the parent title.
VM 2.0.4 Stable
J2.5.4

Milbo

If the title should be the same is a matter of taste and seo philosophy.

Second you should learn and understand the trick of positioning customs. You can set the customfields everywhere in the productdetails area. I think you use template overrides. When you install a fresh vm with sampledata you have it out of the box.
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

corymp

Quote from: Milbo on March 18, 2012, 20:41:54 PM
If the title should be the same is a matter of taste and seo philosophy.

Second you should learn and understand the trick of positioning customs. You can set the customfields everywhere in the productdetails area. I think you use template overrides. When you install a fresh vm with sampledata you have it out of the box.

Milbo what good is a product page with the title "Red"? Are you buying Red? or are you buying a T-shirt in red? a matter of taste? That is why I requested an "option". It should be up to me if I am worried about seo philosophy. Besides. In order to make it work now, I have to add custom aliases to all my child products anyway because I have several products with the same attributes. I don't want to have the name of the product along side every option in the dropdown. That don't even make sense. 

second, I do indeed understand the trick of positioning customs. Are you referring to this thread? -> http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=99225.0. I am using it to position Specs in the tabbed area of my product details page. But as I said again, this "trick" doesn't explain how to do it for customfieldCart just for customfields. are they the same thing? We don't know because there's no documentation on it.

If you know how, it would be nice if you were to explain a little better how this works. You only have to explain in detail once. Full steps, and explain what the outcome is supposed to look like.

VM 2.0.4 Stable
J2.5.4

enock

J 2.5.3 VM 2.0.3E
Pagination still broken - leave a category on page 6 enter next categorgy at page 6 (or the highest page number there is) and not 1

PS great to see the ability to add final price

Milbo

Corymp, my titles are shovel red and not just red. I also think that you use template overrides. Please try first virtuemart without template overrides. Please, there are so many errors atm just caused by wrong template overrides.

corymp

I understand, I am rewriting my template overrides. But we are still limited to Shovel Red, Shovel Green, Shovel Blue.. etc. in the dropdown which looks odd and takes up space. Plus ATM, The parent has an Add to cart button and price. Which is wrong if you are in fact going to buy the children. I have found some workarounds, but it makes much more work handling products in the back end
VM 2.0.4 Stable
J2.5.4

Milbo

You can use the parent itself, or you can unpublish the parent and give one child a category so that you can browse it. I know,.. manuals will come.

corymp

Quote from: Milbo on March 19, 2012, 20:32:33 PM
You can use the parent itself
Yes that is the solution I've come to use.
What I've done though is named my products like this:
Parent: 24mg
Child: 16mg
Child: 11mg
Child: 0mg

I've added a string custom field position "product" and added the position to to my template override to replace the product titles. I would then add my custom title to that in the back end for each product. It works flawlessly.

This outputs the drop down the way I like and all titles show the product and not the product option. The current option is shown in the drop down.

I next need to find a way to pull that same custom title from the product and display it on the category page.

This is the way it should be set up by default IMO.

If you could entertain my solution by looking at my output. You can see it here -> http://test2.firenl.com/store/tobacco-flavors/flue-cured-24-detail

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus
VM 2.0.4 Stable
J2.5.4

corymp

Another thing I noticed, not sure if it's a bug or not. I understand that When you add a title to a product and save, it sets the alias automatically. This is troublesome in my case because it will not only set the alias on save, but if the product has children, it will reset the alias of all children at the same time. For someone who creates custom aliases this is a huge bother. Is there a way in next release to   set alias if empty? instead of always setting alias?

Right now if I make a change to the parent of my child variants, all the aliases will be reset rendering any links or ads from other places useless

If I could append the the parent title to the front of the slug in the code below instead of appending the current date to the end, we could save our parent and the aliases for the children would be for example in my case, flue-cured-tobacco-16mg instead of something like this 16mg2012-03-19-23-29-15_

vmtable.php line 417
if(!empty($existingSlugName)){
if($i==0){
if(JVM_VERSION===1) $this->$slugName = $this->$slugName . JFactory::getDate()->toFormat("%Y-%m-%d-%H-%M-%S").'_';
else $this->$slugName = $this->$slugName . JFactory::getDate()->format('Y-m-d-H-i-s').'_';
} else{
$this->$slugName = $this->$slugName.rand(1,9);
}
VM 2.0.4 Stable
J2.5.4

Milbo

The slug must be unique and not empty. Atm we use the falllback to add a date, we may think about to use the variant. It was meant that you define yourself your slug.

corymp

That's the problem, I defined all my children with my own slugs and its fine until you edit the parent. when you do, it reverts the child slugs back to 'childproductname . date'

It is not recognizing that I set my own slug
VM 2.0.4 Stable
J2.5.4

Milbo

uschmi

Quote from: uschmi on March 17, 2012, 13:05:22 PM
in version 2.0.3. E the manually typed in "reduced price" is not working any more. In backend the "reduced price" field is not shown, only the label for it. When using the new calc-function, the "reduced price" is even killed in database.

Any solutions here?