New pre subrelease VirtueMart 2.0.3. UPDATE I

Started by Milbo, March 14, 2012, 19:34:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

corymp

Quote from: Milbo on March 20, 2012, 23:26:03 PM
ahhhh, thanks, okey....

Do you think there may be a quick fix for this? or will it be addressed in the next update?
VM 2.0.4 Stable
J2.5.4

bohemier

Hi
I did a clean install of Joomla 1.5.25, then installed 2.0.3E, then 2.0.3E AIO. The AIO won't install:
Fatal error: Class 'plgSearchVirtuemart' not found in X/administrator/components/com_virtuemart_allinone/script.vmallinone.php on line 307

Also, the Virtuemart component places itself second in the components menu - between Banners and Contacts. I believe that its sort order is based on COM_VIRTUEMART instead of Virtuemart.

Thanks

Biggreuda

Quote from: uschmi on March 21, 2012, 00:19:54 AM
Quote from: uschmi on March 17, 2012, 13:05:22 PM
in version 2.0.3. E the manually typed in "reduced price" is not working any more. In backend the "reduced price" field is not shown, only the label for it. When using the new calc-function, the "reduced price" is even killed in database.

Any solutions here?

Milbo already wrote an answer about that:
Quote from: Milbo on March 18, 2012, 18:49:33 PM
It is not longer needed! It was before just a method to overwrite the price fast, for small shops not using VAT and so. But now you can just use the check and let the systme calculate for you the costprice.

In my opinion, this is again good for big comanies with a lot of equal products, but makes it a lot more difficould for the little "manually operated" shops.
They just finished adding all discounts manually with the "old" method and now they are just ingored in the new system and we need to redo all discounts to fit the "new" system.
We'll do it, but it didn't make my colleagues very happy ;)

We did try the system with the "Tax and Calculation Rules" before, but it seems that all discounts are added as standard to all products per default. So i needed to change all "Apply generic rules" to "apply no rules" regarding the discounts. Is there an option to change the default/generic discount rules to not use any discounts?

corymp

Can someone browse to a category page in their shop and try sorting by sku then sort by sku again to reverse order? when doing this in my shop, I am getting the default shop page displaying in the center column! Is this a bug or did I screw something up?
VM 2.0.4 Stable
J2.5.4

John2400

corymp

When I reverse sorted It returns me to the front page? or the front categories.

using 2.0.3 e 2.5.3jm

corymp

John

Same here just for some reason it only shows in the middle column and is cut off while extending outside the right side of the page

[attachment cleanup by admin]
VM 2.0.4 Stable
J2.5.4

BaidareW

Can't clone product if it is disabled. Is this a bug or some kind of "future" ?

maxispin

It is not longer needed! It was before just a method to overwrite the price fast, for small shops not using VAT and so. But now you can just use the check and let the systme calculate for you the costprice.

I am a bit lost. If the discount field/function is removed, how the shopkeeper is able to show customers a discounted price and how much the customer will "save"?

I think that rules are not the right way to do that on a small scale because they are using fixed values/percentages, and as discussed before there need to be some psychological attractiveness value (PAV) if it's consumer business in a local market. Of course, you could have a fixed discount (a rule) for all products but that is not a normal case. Usually each product have their own discounted price (because of PAV). (Naturally you could have sales for all products running all the time, but that is called cheating)

E.g.
Normal price 100e      [set by shopkeeper in Day 1]    [Shown to shopper in Day 1]  [Shown to shopper in Day 2]
Discount price 59e !   [set by shopkeeper in Day 2]                                               [Shown to shopper in Day 2]

You save 41e!           [calculated by VM    in Day 2]                                               [Shown to shopper in Day 2]
VM 3.0.17.6 | VM 2.0.24c | VM 1.1.9

uschmi

Quote from: Biggreuda on March 21, 2012, 16:55:03 PM
Quote from: uschmi on March 21, 2012, 00:19:54 AM
Quote from: uschmi on March 17, 2012, 13:05:22 PM
in version 2.0.3. E the manually typed in "reduced price" is not working any more. In backend the "reduced price" field is not shown, only the label for it. When using the new calc-function, the "reduced price" is even killed in database.

Any solutions here?

Milbo already wrote an answer about that:

In my opinion, this is again good for big comanies with a lot of equal products, but makes it a lot more difficould for the little "manually operated" shops.
They just finished adding all discounts manually with the "old" method and now they are just ingored in the new system and we need to redo all discounts to fit the "new" system.
We'll do it, but it didn't make my colleagues very happy ;)

We did try the system with the "Tax and Calculation Rules" before, but it seems that all discounts are added as standard to all products per default. So i needed to change all "Apply generic rules" to "apply no rules" regarding the discounts. Is there an option to change the default/generic discount rules to not use any discounts?

In Germany, many manufacturers makes shop-owners to sell their products on prices given by them (the manufacturers)! So it´s a "must have", beeing able to set the price manually!
How to do that having many different products in the shop with your new versions?

maxispin

In Germany, many manufacturers makes shop-owners to sell their products on prices given by them (the manufacturers)! So it´s a "must have", beeing able to set the price manually!
How to do that having many different products in the shop with your new versions?

Eh... Have you tested E-version? You can put in any price you want to. You can't put in discounted price at the moment.

uschmi

Quote from: maxispin on March 22, 2012, 11:16:46 AM

Eh... Have you tested E-version? You can put in any price you want to. You can't put in discounted price at the moment.

I have so, tried E-version and switch back again to D.
I have to explain a bit more detailed: for us (and for many many others in Germany I believe), the sales prices of most articles can be calculated by rules (base price + x), but there are some manufacturers, who don´t accept this and force us to use "their" sales price! So only in these cases, we do need to overide the calculated price with manual price.

Hope, my explantation can be understood...  ;)

maxispin

The order status mail needs to be changed so that it does not include original order mail. Please.

TopPretender

I am in the same boat as these users. Some business doesn't have generic calculation rules that can be applied to many products. Instead of that, the business uses the discount field to give it a desired discounted price. This price is determined based on PAV. Bottom line, the user needs to have the ability to manually overwrite the base price. This is very critical!

Please keep us posted regarding the design around this feature. Thanks.

Quote from: uschmi on March 22, 2012, 14:43:08 PM
Quote from: maxispin on March 22, 2012, 11:16:46 AM

I have so, tried E-version and switch back again to D.
I have to explain a bit more detailed: for us (and for many many others in Germany I believe), the sales prices of most articles can be calculated by rules (base price + x), but there are some manufacturers, who don´t accept this and force us to use "their" sales price! So only in these cases, we do need to overide the calculated price with manual price.

Hope, my explantation can be understood...  ;)

lipes

1 question to all ppl: Anyone uses the MODule Vm MANUFACTURER too
I'm getting some (many) problems in all BE fields ...
and i cant do nothing to change the default value settings ..
VM V. online: J2.5.14 | VM 2.0.20a | SQL 5.1.70 | PHP 5.3.25

John2400

2.0.3 'G"    2.5.3 Joomla ( updated version)

The large - cart shows the right total but if I change the number of products in the cart -- it gives the wrong total price in the far right column for each individual product.

The total is correct at the bottom of the cart.

Also -  I have lost the ability in Ask a question in products _ (if you fill in a ask a question) the vendor receives an email but the buyer no longer gets a copy.
* added to this is that the vendor - gets the message - the email is from the vendor - so you cannot click reply - http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=100125.0
Just so you know _ I have a contact page through joomla - I sent an email to myself through that link using the same email addresses and then 'send me a copy too'.  I received both buyer and vendor copies. So my server was doing the right thing.

* In the shop configuration _ i was able to set the product to 1 item - I bought it so there were no items available -  click across all the items of "when the product was out of stock" - each has their own issue except show no product. - notify did not notify anyone including the vendor. It did not work.