News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

New pre subrelease VirtueMart 2.0.3. UPDATE I

Started by Milbo, March 14, 2012, 19:34:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TBoele

Quote from: Milbo on March 16, 2012, 17:19:38 PM
Use the childs http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=98648.0 !

This means there are no more stockable customfields like we need for example with shirts "XL", "L", "M" ?
In version 2.0.1 they say that this was possible with a customfield of type "plugin", and then select "VM-Custom, stockable variants". With this way we get the dropdown we need but there are still bugs.
They don't get fixed i think ?
So new features get a higher priority. There was a new feature with the "Notify me" button, don't work, but still isn't fixed. This is how it goes?

corymp

That is fine, it works. but how do you remove the parent product from the dropdown list? and why is there a radio button before the dropdown list? that is the biggest problem I have!
VM 2.0.4 Stable
J2.5.4

John2400

2.0.3 e version Update has corrected the main cart price issue.
The vendor email now has at the top - "COM_VIRTUEMART_CART_MAIL_VENDOR_CONTENT"  exactly as written ? It this supposed to be there?

Thanks.

* I see that Corymp speaks of two issues -  one the Radio button -- I continue to struggle with the parent/ child products

* to get rid of the parent-- The idea is that if you create the parent and then say two child products . You then  have three products real ones.  The idea then is to go to the parent and unpublish your parent. Then you have to go to your child and put them in a category.  Parent disappears and the child appears.

I agree - I then see the child and it has a few options in it - the child appears for me with a radio button and the choices underneath it -  I would like to see the child and next to it is a simple drop down box - with my choices underneath - the radio button looks ?? wrong. Are we creating this incorrectly?

TBoele - I see you are still struggling with this - Me too-

* The solution now might be a youtube video tutorial, powerpoint step by step. - I'll have another go tonight to make varients with control stock- I actually use the T shirt option to practice.

maxispin

ver 2.03E:

TAX not shown in Cart if it is unchecked from the product view.
VM 3.0.17.6 | VM 2.0.24c | VM 1.1.9

TBoele

Yes still struggling with it, but i'm not the only one if you look at the forum. Nobody knows how to setup the stockable customfields and there is no clear manual. So that's why people ask questions and complain about the customfields. Does the VM Team don't understand this ?

Everytime you ask a question about the customfields they direct you to http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=98648.0
That isn't any help.

Are product like tshirts (colors and sizes) special products? I don't think so. The color and size stockable custumfield is very basic for a good webshop.
And with version VM 2.0.3E this is still not possible!

@Milbo : Did you try it yourself to create a product like a tshirt with different colors and sizes like the way you suggest ?

@John2400 : did you already put a tutorial on youtube ?

John2400

TBoele,

"video" No mate that was my suggestion to those who might be better at solving our problem.

maxispin

Quote from: TBoele on March 17, 2012, 08:23:26 AM
Nobody knows how to setup the stockable customfields and there is no clear manual

The idea is that you use Child products. However, even the Generic child variant is used, I can't create similar dropdown list than with cart variant showing the price of child. See pics.

[attachment cleanup by admin]
VM 3.0.17.6 | VM 2.0.24c | VM 1.1.9

John2400

Hi maxispin,

I presume that you use the name 'Shirts green cost $20.00' and the drop down box is set like you have shown in the images.

We often used the name of the varient and included the cost in typed text.

I think we should move these discussions to the forum area I actually put something here:                 http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=90833.new#new

http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?board=132.0

Biggreuda

Hi,

first of all, the changes look very good, especially the direct input of the final price.
Makes it a lot easier for small shops like ours, where only the boss has the cost price anyway ;)

I'm still testing, but there is one big issue already:
The discounting option is just completely gone.

One small issue is, that the joomla-tabs are all doubled.

I'm looking into it a little further now, maybe there went something wrong with copying the whole site and database from one part of the server to another,
but for now it is not looking like that.

uschmi

in version 2.0.3. E the manually typed in "reduced price" is not working any more. In backend the "reduced price" field is not shown, only the label for it. When using the new calc-function, the "reduced price" is even killed in database.

Biggreuda

A small update:
The doubled tabs seem to be a "local" problem, my collegue doesn't have them on his laptop (both using firefox).

What i don't get is why we now have to choose between discounts and input of final prices... :/

bbw

i got this in product details when I updated (joomla 1.5.25) and vm 2.0.3E

Warning: Missing argument 1 for JParameter::__construct(), called in /home/taptp/public_html/aatester/components/com_virtuemart/views/productdetails/view.html.php on line 127 and defined in /home/taptp/public_html/aatester/libraries/joomla/html/parameter.php on line 76

tried to add a product just to see what it would do and no info or prcinig or anything is carried over to the cart when the item is added...

corymp

Proposal

Please reference this page -> http://test2.firenl.com/store/eliquid/tobacco-flavors/flue-cured-tobacco-detail

To set up generic child variants as displayed in the above link, I followed these steps:

1. Create a parent product called Shirt and give it a category.
2. Create children products of shirt (small, medium, large) Do not give these children a category.
3. Create your custom field, type = generic child variant. Title = Size. Cart Attribute= Yes.
4. Add this custom field to your parent product.

When you view the product, all children will show in one dropdown. when you select an item in the dropdown, it will send you to the product details page of the child product selected.

The major issue still present is that the dropdown box is wrapped in a radio button element. which don't make sense.

These are the things that are missing right now:

1. I would like an option for children to inherit the product name from the parent
    2. I would like an option to hide the parent product's price.
    3. Show child product price visible in the dropdown
    4. Remove the radio button from the dropdown
    5. Remove the parent product from the dropdown
    6. Create an option to hide add to cart button from parents, you should not be able to purchase a parent

As workaround to remove the radio button, you can set this as the last line in your template's stylesheet:

.product-field-display input { display: none; }

As a reference to how we arrived to these proposals, please see this thread -> http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=90833.0
VM 2.0.4 Stable
J2.5.4

John2400

Shopping cart issue with version"E"  new issue

When I add a product to the cart it appears ok the small cart recognises the cost but If I purchase several items the large cart only recognises one  product and also I cannot change the quantity by updating in the large cart.

But the final price is correct.

shipment and payment OK - but I'm not using a calculated shipping by weight - so that might need checking too.

Milbo

Quote from: Biggreuda on March 17, 2012, 11:35:31 AM
Hi,

first of all, the changes look very good, especially the direct input of the final price.
Makes it a lot easier for small shops like ours, where only the boss has the cost price anyway ;)

I'm still testing, but there is one big issue already:
The discounting option is just completely gone.

It is not longer needed! It was before just a method to overwrite the price fast, for small shops not using VAT and so. But now you can just use the check and let the systme calculate for you the costprice.
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member