News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

Error message: memory exhausted tried php.ini

Started by dixonzhai, January 01, 2014, 02:37:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dixonzhai

Hi, I have this error come up when I am trying to update the currency setting in the shop. It happen everytime when I click save when I change the currency.
Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 67108864 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 523800 bytes) in /home2/allinauc/public_html/libraries/loader.php on line 366

that happen when I have memory limit set to 64m, if I change it to 512m will be

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 536870912 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 523800 bytes) in /home2/allinauc/public_html/libraries/loader.php on line 366

and if I change it to 1024m:

Fatal error: Out of memory (allocated 1001390080) (tried to allocate 523800 bytes) in /home2/allinauc/public_html/libraries/loader.php on line 366

Please help. thanks

jenkinhill

Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

dixonzhai

Quote from: jenkinhill on January 01, 2014, 13:11:42 PM
Which VM version?

VM 2.0.26a  and Joomla 2.5.17.

I have modified the PHP.ini file already.

AH

There are other posts on here recently with an issue relating to 2.0.26a and memory.

http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=121213.0

VM team have not agreed that this is an issue and thus no solutions yet

Regards
A

Joomla 3.10.11
php 8.0

jenkinhill

So far it has not been possible to reproduce this, except for unpublished related products: http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=121213.msg413641#msg413641
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

AH

So what Jenkin appears to be saying is that "it has been possible" to show a memory leak in VM 2.0.26a

And that the specific instances when this occurs have not been identified or resolved

Regards
A

Joomla 3.10.11
php 8.0

jenkinhill

I have been able to reproduce it only for unpublished related products only, not for the other couple of reports.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

jenkinhill

Right, the site with the memory issue I saw has now been moved to a better server using Akeeba Backup and the memory error is gone.

@dixonzhai where is your site hosted?
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

AH

Jenkin

I cannot imagine that this issue  is related to a server as it started appearing in vm 2.0.26a on sites already running.

I had the issue when updating on localhost in the frontend when trying to complete an order using paypal

Got the loader.php error

After much messing, the error no longer showed, I put this down to dodgy cache etc, as I never really tracked it down.

It seemed pointless wasting time trying to isolate my configuration etc.

Better that the devs look at what they changed between the versions and let them work from there??
Regards
A

Joomla 3.10.11
php 8.0

dixonzhai

Quote from: jenkinhill on January 02, 2014, 17:40:12 PM
Right, the site with the memory issue I saw has now been moved to a better server using Akeeba Backup and the memory error is gone.

@dixonzhai where is your site hosted?

It is hosting by crazydomains which is one of the largest domain and web hosting company in Australia. The web link is http://www.crazydomains.com.au. Cheers

dixonzhai

I only have one product in the shop at the moment as I am testing the site. The product is published and it happen when I am trying to save the currency settings. I cannot change currency. I have disable all the currency except for AUD and RMB. I am not sure if this cause the problem. But I only need these two on the site anyway.

jenkinhill

Did you unpublish the non-required currencies or delete them? The code for Chinese renminbi yuan in VM2  is CNY - if you try to use RMB you will get an error.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

dixonzhai

Quote from: jenkinhill on January 03, 2014, 10:26:43 AM
Did you unpublish the non-required currencies or delete them? The code for Chinese renminbi yuan in VM2  is CNY - if you try to use RMB you will get an error.
I only unpublished them. I didn't delete them. Do I need to delete them?

dixonzhai

I just published all the currency, and pick any one of the currency as the main one but still come up the same problem. I also published all the categories and product (only 1) as well. Please Help

shopper999

Could you please create a blank file
"/logs/com_virtuemart.log.php"

and try again?
(Problem described in detail: http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=121130.msg413744#msg413744)  (link updated by mod)