News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

[Updated] Release 2.0.18c

Started by Milbo, February 14, 2013, 23:37:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

servlet

There is an option "Use the vm1 order id as vm2 order number" in Tools -> Tools & Migration -> Migration, but there isnt SAVE buton for all settings?!? How can I use Order ID as Order number?
Он-лайн магазин за фототапети http://mishelfoster.com

servlet

"Show product images" Dont work. Dont display mini thumb in the cart.
Configuration - Configuration - Checkout - Show product images

There is no problem in 2.0.20a

servlet

"Show checkout steps" Dont work. Nothing happen?!? For what is this opion. In older VM we have steps - shipping method select, payment method select on single page. If this option is for this dont work.

Configuration - Configuration - Checkout - Show checkout steps

reinhold

Quote from: servlet on March 14, 2013, 10:06:33 AM
How can I use Order ID as Order number?

For new orders, I don't think there is any way short of a core hack (i.e. manually changing the virtuemart code). The reason is that all the hooks that VirtueMart provides to modify the order number happen before the order is saved to the database. On the other hand, the order id is created only when the order is stored to the database (i.e. long after the order number has been created)...

servlet

Quote from: reinhold on March 14, 2013, 11:44:58 AM
Quote from: servlet on March 14, 2013, 10:06:33 AM
How can I use Order ID as Order number?

For new orders, I don't think there is any way short of a core hack (i.e. manually changing the virtuemart code). The reason is that all the hooks that VirtueMart provides to modify the order number happen before the order is saved to the database. On the other hand, the order id is created only when the order is stored to the database (i.e. long after the order number has been created)...

It needs Order ID = Order number only for confirmation e-mail and thank you message. First order is stored in database, second e-mail and thank you

servlet

Show Terms of Service on the cart/checkout? - dont work correct!!! See attached file
If is unchecked only hide the text "Click here to read terms of service and check the box to accept them.", but there is a check box. Why there is a check box will ask every customer? And will they check? And what if check? :) :)

If option "Show Terms of Service on the cart/checkout?" is unchecked in cart must not contain both - check box and text.

Configuration - Configuration - Checkout - Show Terms of Service on the cart/checkout?

[attachment cleanup by admin]

Milbo

lol Servlet, this is discussed already since years. the order id is an internal data, which should NEVER be exposed. A customer should work with the order number, the store owner should only work with the order number.

The option you see there is for migration of old vm1 stores. To set the ID, just use the button. Dont enter anything. But easier it is to load the 2.0.20a
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

servlet

Quote from: Milbo on March 14, 2013, 13:02:04 PM
lol Servlet, this is discussed already since years. the order id is an internal data, which should NEVER be exposed. A customer should work with the order number, the store owner should only work with the order number.

The option you see there is for migration of old vm1 stores. To set the ID, just use the button. Dont enter anything. But easier it is to load the 2.0.20a

Good for product ID but what can you say about other of my notes? Some options dont work?

servlet

Quote from: Milbo on March 13, 2013, 21:24:38 PM

Hmm the description is not for the cart? This is a matter of taste and what you write in your description. For this purpose we have the template overwrites. But similar to the width in the emails, just get some more... arguments. It is a matter of taste. So start a poll about it,.. if your idea has more than 50% we are very likely todo it,.. if you have more than 75% we will do it that way almost 100% (I never can give a guarantee, sorry).

Ok, which files I have to modify? I am searching more then 2h, and cannot find them. Two time I read row by row every one VM file.... There is not string shipment_desc in view folders only in admin files for storing in databese.
I cannot separate Shipment Name form Shipment Desc, for Payment too. Why there isnt this string in the template? What can we do if we want to display only Shipment/Payment name without Desc? We have no choice to do this manualy in tha template. It would bi nice if there are a check boxes in shipment/payment option to show/hide shipment/payment desc in shopping cart, thank you message, and confirmation mail.
There is no poll option in the forum. And in which folder in the forum I have to write, I cant understand?
Show me which big e-shop have the same shopping cart where payment and shippment desc. are in cart table.
Yes, shipment/payment desc is important. I LIKE this option, which is new for VM 2. I waited years for it, but this is not the correct way. shipment/payment desc must be outside of the table. Every one can make own chois where to put desc if there is a single string for desc.

Thank you in advance. I need your help, realy!

reinhold

Quote from: servlet on March 14, 2013, 23:52:02 PM
Quote from: Milbo on March 13, 2013, 21:24:38 PM

Hmm the description is not for the cart? This is a matter of taste and what you write in your description. For this purpose we have the template overwrites.

Ok, which files to modify? I am searching more then 2h, and cannot find them. Two time I read row by row every one VM file.... There is not string shipment_desc in view folders only in admin files for storing in databese.
ou in advance.

Stop searching, you won't find it.
Actually, Milbo's suggestion to use template overrides to show the shipment description below the item table (which I would prefer, too; but it's a quite more complicated to implement) is not that straightforward.
The thing is that the shipment plugins already return the name of the plugin with the description APPENDED (function vmPSPlugin::renderPluginName in administrator/components/com_virtuemart/plugins/vmpsplugin.php). The best you can do is to hide the span with class shipment_desc in the template CSS...

servlet

reinhold
Thank you verry much
I find it, but I have only to remove desc :(
No way. I cannt believe it. :(

lindapowers

OMG is an e-drama seriously.

Use rupostel's one page checkout and reinholds shipping by rules plugin like we do and configure the checkout as you want

You need a description for the payment? and a description for the shipment?

lol

Cant you just write UPS,DHL etc etc

and paypal, credit card etc etc

???

reinhold

QuoteOMG is an e-drama seriously.
But it also has its fun factor  ;)

Quote from: lindapowers on March 15, 2013, 00:37:46 AM
Use rupostel's one page checkout and reinholds shipping by rules plugin like we do and configure the checkout as you want

You need a description for the payment? and a description for the shipment?

For payment methods like Bank transfer it actually makes a lot of sense to provide the full bank account data in the description... The only drawback is that it blows up the invoice layout.

Similarly, if you want to let your customers pick up the order at your shop, the shipping description of the "Pickup at the store" shipping method will contain the full address and maybe even driving directions. Again, this does not really fit in a table row between the items and the order total. But it would be very useful to have it at the bottom of the order confirmation and/or invoice.
And if you want to let your customers pay when they pickup the order at the store, it makes sense to tell them in the payment description of the payment method that you e.g. only accept cash and debit cards, but no creditcards. Etc, etc.

So, there are many good uses for the shipment and payment descriptions, but the fact that they are shown in table row between the order items and the order total makes it impossible to use descriptions longer than one or two lines, even though some situations would need a description of 10-15 lines...

lindapowers

Fun indeed :D

For bank transfer what we use is the payment information, which appears once the order is confirmed and below the payment details at the email order.
Actually we find that place the correct one, but must be a matter of taste.

I guess we are confusing with payment description and payment information, these last one is the one we use for all that information that you comment in those cases, thats were we put our bank details etc

BTW the payment information can't be translated and uses the same text for all languages... which makes me think if:

a: im using the payment information when i should use the description
b: payment information should be translatable to all languages?

Regards

Milbo

Quote from: reinhold on March 15, 2013, 00:55:30 AM
But it would be very useful to have it at the bottom of the order confirmation and/or invoice.
So, there are many good uses for the shipment and payment descriptions, but the fact that they are shown in table row between the order items and the order total makes it impossible to use descriptions longer than one or two lines, even though some situations would need a description of 10-15 lines...

There is trigger to display something like that, example is in the klarna payment method.

It may be better to provide as standard a layout without description. We could do a poll about it.
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member