News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

Disable shipping VM2

Started by charleypowell, January 01, 2012, 07:02:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

charleypowell

Hi,

Does anyone know if there is a way to disable shipping in VM2?

Thank you

pherison

supermac

'til now I just seen a way to set a predefined shipping method, but I'd like too a BYPASS SHIPPING option somewhere

Milbo

What do you mean with this?
When you do a shipment method, which is always preselectable, then it should be done already.

Maybe the checkout is showing it again, even it is already preselected in the cart, then we must decide if this is wanted or not.. if we add a config setting, or if it is easy overridable.
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

supermac

Sorry for my terrible english Milbo!
I mean that my shop doesn't need any shipment, so I'd like to hide from the shop all the matter related to shipment (customer shipment address in cart, shipment checkout, etc...)
Is there a "disable shipment" option in shop configuration or somewhere else?
Thank you
(and greetings from italy)

daviz87

I also need the same option of Supermac, I have to delete the whole part of the expedition, because my products are services.
You have any solution for this? I too am Italian  :D

juagicre

Hi italian guys and milbo,
What i did (inspired by someone from this forum) was to create a free shipment and preselect it automatically, so this was my way to bypass the shipment step, as i don't know anything from the "very expected" donwloable-products-plugin (and i'm using vm 2.0.1).
As seen, a lot of people is just selling virtual products (services) so this should be a bit more easy, but as i've read from milbo, Rome wasn't build in one day... let's wait for this ;)
NOW I ASK (this may also happen to italian guys if they use my "shipment" solution):
What else needs a registered user to "confirm order" and go directly to the payment screen? When my users press for the first time the "confirm order" button, they get redirected to a "re-register user information", really wired, I still don't understand what is this... see image for more info, and thanks!

[attachment cleanup by admin]

dnlvsci

I used  too in VM2.0 what juagicre say . Now wm 2.01d i get this message ->We are sorry, no shipment method matches the characteristics of your order. In VM1 you can easly disable the shpping just disable the shipping step in checkout steps. I don't know why missing this option  in VM2.....

bagou01

chadgarber

I am looking for the exact same solution.
Quote from: daviz87 on January 20, 2012, 15:37:09 PM
I also need the same option of Supermac, I have to delete the whole part of the expedition, because my products are services.
You have any solution for this? I too am Italian  :
Chad Garber
Web Developer/Computer Support
Garber Consulting, Inc.
http://garberconsulting.net

chadgarber

Chad Garber
Garber Consulting, Inc.

EleGenius

Guys it's pretty simple. If you don't need shipping then under the shop tab found in configuration tick the box that says 'Use only as catalogue ' and this will disable shipping.

dnlvsci

Quote from: EleGenius on February 14, 2012, 02:44:49 AM
Guys it's pretty simple. If you don't need shipping then under the shop tab found in configuration tick the box that says 'Use only as catalogue ' and this will disable shipping.

If you use this you can't buy anything! This disable all of shop functions

chadgarber

Eactly what dnlvsci said. We still want to be able to have people buy from the site, we just want to skip the shipping step.
Quote from: dnlvsci on February 14, 2012, 11:02:05 AM
Quote from: EleGenius on February 14, 2012, 02:44:49 AM

If you use this you can't buy anything! This disable all of shop functions
Chad Garber
Garber Consulting, Inc.

DiveO2

SAME QUESTION AS EVERYONE KEEPS ASKING....
How does one switch off the shipping function in VM2 please?

Worded another way..... I don't want shipping

Worded another way...... My customers do not want or need shipping

Worded another way....... I can't let my customers buy anything from my on-line shop because they can't get past the shipping module!

Is that simple enough?
If anyone has a solution for this, would you kindly post the answer into this forum?
(Joomla! 2.5.4, VM 2.0.7c, PHP 5.3.10)   Do try and be clear & concise in your answers to fellow forum members, it will save confusion and frustration with the original poster (and future visitors) in re-asking the question again and again...