News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

Disable shipping VM2

Started by charleypowell, January 01, 2012, 07:02:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

John2400

Shipping maybe , (juagicre is correct) just a broader description. ( this does work)

To solve the shipping method - Create a shipment name called 'No shipping" or "free" or what ever name you like - " i even added "Please select a payment option" ( you will see what happens.)

In the configuration of the shipping add only 0 for cost - put nothing else in the configuartion and save.

In the configuartion in of the shop click Enable 'Automatic Selected Shipment?'.

Then add a product to your cart>>add the address in >> and you will see only the description you typed in the shipping - wording will appear..

The shipping still exists but is hidden- also it will cover all weights, all countries, - I have had no problems with this settings - DiveO2  that should get you through.

* supermac
the issue in regards to typing in the address requirements  I understand that even if you are not physically sending it to that address- it is maybe? a  tax and could look like a fraud related issue ( imagine you have 100s of clients buy your product but none actually live anywhere) ? I know they purchase maybe through paypal and there is an address there but - I'm not sure if you can or should disable the customers address as it is a requirement by law that a person exists and he or she purchased a product - from your store -  ? Please don't write to be about the law issue as it varies from country to country.

DiveO2

I'm sorted...

John answered my problem in another thread.
I would have settled for 'no shipping' because I just couldn't get rid of it.
However, in my case, I hadn't installed the 'AIO' module part of virtuemart.
I obviously got so carried away when I saw part of it working......

Hint for newbies (like I used to be a few days ago... :))
Try and be clear with your objectives, what you've done, what you're trying to achieve, and most of all, what you're using, i.e. version numbers etc.

...AND.. don't forget to give an update when you got it fixed..
(Joomla! 2.5.4, VM 2.0.7c, PHP 5.3.10)   Do try and be clear & concise in your answers to fellow forum members, it will save confusion and frustration with the original poster (and future visitors) in re-asking the question again and again...

alexdran

idlepress

Quote from: alexdran on October 06, 2012, 17:07:12 PM
You can use this plugin

http://www.joomlaproduction.com/index.php/Plugins/vm-virtual-delivery.html

hope it works for you too

best, alex

I just downloaded, installed and enabled that plugin - thanks! However, how do I get it to work? I don't see any documentation. Shipping is still an option and I don't see a way to disable it.

daniel__

Quote from: idlepress on November 28, 2012, 05:54:49 AM
Quote from: alexdran on October 06, 2012, 17:07:12 PM
You can use this plugin

http://www.joomlaproduction.com/index.php/Plugins/vm-virtual-delivery.html

hope it works for you too

best, alex

I just downloaded, installed and enabled that plugin - thanks! However, how do I get it to work? I don't see any documentation. Shipping is still an option and I don't see a way to disable it.
Same question here. How this works?

ViceMart

after installing the VM - Virtual Delivery plugin with the Extensions Manager, go to Extensions>Plugin Manager>Virtual Shipment and enable the plugin.

Now go to Components>Virtuemart>Shop>Shipping Methods and click the New button. In the new shipping method you will find that a new shipping type is available in the Shipment Method drop down box called Virtual Shipping. To complete the new shipping method, give it a name, click Yes for Published,  select the Virtual Shipping type from the Shipment Method drop down box and then save it.

The words "Virtual Shipment" or whatever you named your new shipment method will appear in the cart. I named mine "Shipping method: Download" because I sell products that are downloaded.

Thanks to Joomlaproduction.com for this great, free plugin!

daniel__

abolfazlm

help pls  :( i use Virtuemart Products With No Shipping Requirements .but i can't disable shippment! i create a no shippment method in Shipment Methods . i use virtuemart 2.0.26 a and can't fine "automatic select shipment" in Configuration>Checkout   on this version!!!!!!

jenkinhill

Under Configuration/Checkout make sure that "One Page Checkout enabled " is unchecked and you will see below it "Enable Automatic Selected Shipment?"
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

abolfazlm

nmihos

Hello,

How can i hide the shipment address for a shopper group and enable it for other shopper groups?