News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

Error loading component: com_virtuemart, 1

Started by fire47, January 04, 2013, 18:48:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PRO

to make the error go away. Turn off error reporting.

fire47

Quote from: PRO on January 22, 2013, 21:19:29 PM
Oh so I should just close my eyes and avoid fixing the problem?  I already tried that and the error is still there for registered users.

PRO

Quote from: fire47 on January 22, 2013, 21:28:39 PM
Quote from: PRO on January 22, 2013, 21:19:29 PM
Oh so I should just close my eyes and avoid fixing the problem?  I already tried that and the error is still there for registered users.

have you checked to see if joomla is installed correctly?

brought the site local, and reinstalled the current version?

this is a joomla problem

fire47

Quote from: PRO on January 22, 2013, 23:00:18 PM
What is your preferred method for accomplishing this?

I do not currently have a development server setup.

this is a joomla problem
Two different Joomla experts told me it was a virtuemart problem.  I hate it when everyone points the finger instead of trying to fix the problem!!!

PRO

Quote from: fire47 on January 22, 2013, 23:07:41 PM
What is your preferred method for accomplishing this?

I do not currently have a development server setup.

this is a joomla problem
Two different Joomla experts told me it was a virtuemart problem.  I hate it when everyone points the finger instead of trying to fix the problem!!!

have you went to extension manager, and check if there are "database" problems?

fire47

Quote from: PRO on January 23, 2013, 13:28:44 PM
have you went to extension manager, and check if there are "database" problems?

I had not done that, no.  I just went in and there were no errors.

jenkinhill

Check the Joomla database for a partial/failed install: Open Extension Manager: Discover   - click on  Purge Cache  and then on Discover. This may take a time to run.

If it shows anything, select those items then click on Install.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

fire47

Quote from: jenkinhill on January 23, 2013, 18:56:17 PM
Check the Joomla database for a partial/failed install: Open Extension Manager: Discover   - click on  Purge Cache  and then on Discover. This may take a time to run.

There were a few items there and they have been installed as you suggested.  I turned on cache and logged into the site, no change, I still have the error message as soon as I turn on site cache in Global Config.

PRO

Quote from: fire47 on January 23, 2013, 21:38:16 PM
Quote from: jenkinhill on January 23, 2013, 18:56:17 PM

There were a few items there and they have been installed as you suggested.  I turned on cache and logged into the site, no change, I still have the error message as soon as I turn on site cache in Global Config.

Please list everything you have done in a single post. There are multiple people in the same thread.

Have you?

Checked error logs?
disabled things to check i whats conflicting?
posted a link?
are you the one with kuena? did you diable?
have you re-installed joomla?

jenkinhill

Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

fire47

Quote from: PRO on January 24, 2013, 18:47:46 PM
Checked error logs?
Yes, both Joomla and server logs.

disabled things to check i whats conflicting?
I've gone through everything I could think of...

posted a link?
I have not posted a link, prefer not to.  I will PM if requested.

are you the one with kuena? did you diable?
I tried disabling Kunena with no success.

have you re-installed joomla?
I have re-uploaded Joomla, but not reinstalled.  I can't reinstall because of a component I no longer have access to.  In a few months I may have the content transferred over but not yet...

Quote from: jenkinhill on January 24, 2013, 23:40:30 PM
And have you re-installed VirtueMart?
I reinstalled virtuemart, it is currently at 2.0.18a.

There must be an issue since two of us are having the same error message with the same resolution, turning off joomla cache in global settings.

fire47

Not sure if I mentioned this before but there are also issues with registered users not being able to view vm product pages or categories...I get a WSOD.

"Fatal error: __clone method called on non-object in /var/www/vhosts/website.com/httpdocs/includes/application.php on line 358"

Milbo

Quote from: fire47 on January 23, 2013, 21:38:16 PM

Shows quite clearly that your cache is not deleted, which points to a permission and wwwrun problem
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

fire47

Quote from: Milbo on January 31, 2013, 10:40:53 AM
Shows quite clearly that your cache is not deleted, which points to a permission and wwwrun problem

What does that mean to me? How is that fixed? I only get the error when cache is turned ON which is when I get BOTH error messages.

Milbo

You should not run virtuemart with cache except you understand exactly what you do. Many features cannot work correctly with cache (for example shoppergroup depended prices).

The wwwrun problem means, that joomla (the phpuser, often called wwwrun,phpuser or similar) is not allowed to delete files on your server. There are 2 solutions. You can change your server to run with fastcgi. Or change the fileowner from your ftp to the phpuser.

Go to your joomla configuration, go to the cache settings and let joomla delete the cache, if this does not work you have a wrong configured server/file owners.
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member