News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

Registration form

Started by ovcharoff, February 21, 2013, 14:16:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ovcharoff

Hello,

I'm having a problem with the registration form.
What I want is users to be able to register using the "Account Maintenance" page.

Two issues occurred:
1. I've both "Username" and "Displayed Name" on the form and both have to be filled for the user to register. Otherwhise it will stay on the page without giving an error and without registering. I would like to get rid of "Displayed Name" but they both are "User field from Joomla core" and they are locked.
2. Also, the stars (*) for the required fields are not appearing for fields "Username, Displayed Name, Password, Confirm Password, I agree to the Terms of Service" even though they are marked as required in the "Shopper Fields" admin page.

Best Regards,

Teodor Ovcharov

jenkinhill

1. To unlock Joomla fields:  http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=111063.msg372666#msg372666

2. "Username, Displayed Name, Password, Confirm Password, I agree to the Terms of Service"  these are Joomla fields and Joomla allows these to be edited by a logged in user, so I guess that affects the "required".
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

ovcharoff

Did as you suggested and actually unlocked them, then I unmarked everything for "Displayed name" and it disappeared from the front end. But now it would not let me register trough account maintenance. It would just reload the page.
Is there any workaround ?

Also about the second problem, what should I do ?

I'm frustrated, because those things are very essential for me.

Thank you very much !

jenkinhill

Second problem I believe is Joomla, not VirtueMart. Maybe there is someway to lock them in Joomla with a plugin or something? Ask on the Joomla forum, look in the JED.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

ovcharoff

Hello,

I solved my first problem here:

https://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=107226.0

It makes it possible for users to register and log in only using email and with css it's very easy to hide the unused fields.

Second problem still no idea ... If I don't find anything I'll just manually insert the star :D

Best Regards,

Teodor Ovcharov

ovcharoff

Second problem is to do with checkout as guest, because if you do checkout as guest, you do not need to enter username and password.
Problem is that this option is to be made only when redirected from the shopping cart and not when accessing account maintenance page directly.

Also I want to be able to make password field as required as well, regarding the guest checkout thing.

Thank you !