How to use Custom Field stockable variant (Explained) (video) (photos page 4)

Started by HG, March 30, 2012, 15:43:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

OpenGlobal

Price appears twice because the first one is the title for the "prices", and the second one is the individual price. there are multiple price display options. If I'm only displaying a single price type (no taxes, discounts or anything like that), then in the configuration I uncheck all of the price labels. This just leaves the first "Price".

The size is appearing twice because the first one is the title of your customfield and the second is the title of the individual option. You could change the title of the customfield to "Options" or "Choose" or something generic like that.

Alternatively, you can create a modified template and remove the unnecessary duplications.

OpenGlobal

Marykity

Thanks a lot for the advice! I just unmarked the right check box for prices and the duplication disappeared  ;D ;D ;D
As for the size - i just changed the name and now have really all looking good. Thanks again! Just small issues made my life really difficult :)

Now I am also trying to make my child products invisible - I tried nearly 10 different ways - but still all child products are visible in the new products and best products.  >:( :( And i need to open the site on 6th of July - and till that time add nearly 1000 items + child products.

OpenGlobal

Version 2.0.8 has now been released which means that the stockable cart variant is now at least usable.

Please be aware that the configuration for stock control now has an extra option. The option entitled "Do not Display Product, if child products also out of stock" behaves the way that 99% of people (and every other e-commerce system that I'm aware of) would expect "Do not Display Product" to behave.

If you want the the display of products to be dependent on the child products rather than the redundant parent product, use this new option instead.

OpenGlobal

OpenGlobal

Quote from: Marykity on June 30, 2012, 17:00:00 PM
Now I am also trying to make my child products invisible

Make sure that your child products are not assigned to a category. I believe this is what makes them available to searches and other modules.

OpenGlobal

OpenEyeMedia

Hi there,
I have yet to figure out how to make the child products active in the parent's dropdown as stockable variants, but inactive as individual products, as so do not have their own details pages. Not associating them to a category is not sufficient - they still appear on various listing pages within Virtuemart, and in search modules (AceSearch at least).

This really is a major flaw, as all these pages will be indexed by search engines, and so even if visitors cannot navigate to the pages on the site, they can land there.

Sorry, I realise I'm not contributing much to the conversation...if anyone finds a solution, please shout it from the virtual roof tops!

OpenGlobal

It seems that I was misinformed. The absence of a category on the child products simply removes them from the categories view.

I think I'm going to have to update the plugin to modify the search query and I think I'll need to create some new modules.

OpenGlobal

Marykity

Quote from: OpenGlobal on July 02, 2012, 14:07:02 PM
It seems that I was misinformed. The absence of a category on the child products simply removes them from the categories view.

I think I'm going to have to update the plugin to modify the search query and I think I'll need to create some new modules.

OpenGlobal

As for me I do not link my child products to any categories and still they can simply be seen on the main page of the site where the new added products are seen. And i do not know what to do with it.

huegel-huepfer

Joomla 2.5.6

VM 2.0.8e

huegel-huepfer

I'm trying to show child's stock level in parent product details.

I work with a "VM Custom, stockable variants" plugin. In the parent product you can choose different child products with a drop down menu.
First try was to insert following code in the stockable.php

// Availability Stock Level
?><p></p><?php
$stato = "";
$statotip = "";
if ($field->child[$child_id]['in_stock'] < 1) {
$stato = "nostock";
$statotip = "Hurry! Very low items stock!";
} else {
if ($field->child[$child_id]['in_stock'] < 2) {
$stato = "lowstock";
$statotip = "Low items in stock!";
} else {
$stato = "normalstock";
$statotip = "Items in stock available!";
}
} ?>

<span class="vmicon vm2-<?php echo $stato ?>" title="<?php echo $statotip ?>"></span>
        <?php

Now I receive correct stock level of child products above category and product view, but no single stock level of the current chosen child within the parent view.

I'd welcome any help to get the result I wanted.

Thanks a lot,
Volker
Joomla 2.5.6

VM 2.0.8e

emel

hi there,

the variant plugin remains quite buggy, you really have to save each variant seperately before adding a new variant line. When you don't do this exactly as mentioned, i get an empty sub-product item (ghost item) which cannot be deleted anymore. In the main product list, the variant is listed as subproduct, but clicking on the subitems, gives an empty list. deleting the full product is imppossible. "VM error": cannot delete article variant)

please tell me there's a fix for this, i now have a few (sub)items in my list which are impossible to delete......

rvbgnu

Well, that's a pity... and a bit complicated to fix when you don't have all the logical structure that is used by the Dev Team! But there is still hope  :D
BTW, I hope that multilingual will be well supported, like for the product title and description!
Best Regards, Hervé Boinnard - Irish Time (GMT)
Joomla! multilingual website and online business made easy - https://www.puma-it.ie

3D Secure v1 (3DS1) & Strong Customer Authentication (SCA)! Stripe.com payment plugin for VirtueMart 3: https://www.puma-it.ie/en/joomla-and-virtuemart-extensions/stripe-for-virtuemart
Authipay (AIB Merchant Services) for VirtueMart 2 & 3: https://www.puma-it.ie/en/joomla-and-virtuemart-extensions/authipay-aib-merchant-services-for-virtuemart

Fintan

I have a few questions concerning this plug in:

I am running joomla! 2.5.6 and vmware 2.0.8e.

I am setting up a Pizzeria Take away / home delivery shop.

I have most of the stuff set up exept for two "small" things.
One,which pertains to this thread seems to be a bug with this plug in (or something stupid on my side;) )

As I would like the customer (shopper) to be able to choose different sizes and add extra ingredients like salami, prawns, bacon, extra cheese, etc I set up child products for each ingredient, gave them a price, stock (where is the unlimited stock checkbox??), no category.

I set up the plugin and added it to the custom fields. Everything seems to work expet for the fact that on the details page the product price gets changed from the base price to the price of my first child product (salami). I thought the child product price should be ADDED to the base price.

This is confounding and I have to deliver by monday.

Also how do I set up "--please select--" as the default?

Please any help is greatly appreciated.

Cheers to all who have put their efforts into this :)

Edit: Oh I almost forgot an important "detail". How do I implement multiple choice (ctrl key or other)??

OpenGlobal

Quote from: Fintan on August 10, 2012, 18:33:30 PM
One,which pertains to this thread seems to be a bug with this plug in (or something stupid on my side;) )

The latter :-)

Why are you using a "stockable" cart variant when the one thing you don't want is stock control?

OpenGlobal

Fintan

QuoteWhy are you using a "stockable" cart variant when the one thing you don't want is stock control?

Point taken.

I wanted to try it out and see if it "fits", I also was hoping it supported multiple choice..

I liked the idea of having a size and ingredient choice (drop down), but I noticed that I cannot set a supplement price to the sizes. so i dropped that idea.

I tried this:
http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=99678.300

But alas that does not allow for multiple choice either.
Neither do normal cart variants. :(

Great plugin though and I appreciate the hard work involved :)