News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

Product creation / editing error VM4 J4 after migration

Started by kilombo, December 23, 2023, 13:11:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kilombo

Good morning everyone,

Im a VM and Joomla user since 2014, and that's how old my website is, of course it has suffered several updates (the last one 2 weeks ago), we currently where able to succeffuly migrate to joomla 4 (4.4.1) and VM 4 (4.2.0 10905). After all the tests, and after unninstalling old templates, old plugins/components and installing new ones everything appears to be working well, everything less the product creation/editing on the backoffice.
It's returning several errors when you try to access one existing product or try to do a new one. Everything else works (categories, orders, manufacters... etc...), although.. the visuals look a bit glichy. I attached a few printcreens. Also... aparently is not plugin/component related because i already deactivated and unnistalled everything one by one and reinstalled it again. In Chat GPT/ google bard opinion (it is.. what it is  ;D ) it may be template related (by template i mean vm admin template), but i already unninsalled the vmadmin template and reinstalled again without no issues or errors. I don't know what else to do.
The error that results is in maximum error definitions and with debug on. The website is www.reparacaomobile.pt and the frontend template is the VP Neoteric from virtueplanet.com.

Help needed :D
Merry Christmas and thanks in advance everyone.

kilombo

Well this post can be closed...
The problem had already been adressed in this post: https://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=147821.0 and the simple solution in to downgrade to PHP 7 or change backoffice language to english (which i did)... awkward thing that this problem has not been solved yet after so long, PHP 7 is almost at the end of life, and it was really hard to find a solution for this, but in fact i only found it in this forim, so im glad it still exists.

Thanks anyway, and have merry christmas to everyone.

GJC Web Design

the error I think relates to the formatting of a language string when there is a replacement var .. I guess in your Portuguese admin language file.

I can't remember exactly the format   

in the en file they are so

COM_VIRTUEMART_ADMIN_CFG_POOS_GLOBAL="Global Configuration (%1$s)"
I mean the %1$s -- if there are multiple replacements it is %2$s  etc

I would check all the PT lang files follow this format
GJC Web Design
VirtueMart and Joomla Developers - php developers https://www.gjcwebdesign.com
VM4 AusPost Shipping Plugin - e-go Shipping Plugin - VM4 Postcode Shipping Plugin - Radius Shipping Plugin - VM4 NZ Post Shipping Plugin - AusPost Estimator
Samport Payment Plugin - EcomMerchant Payment Plugin - ccBill payment Plugin
VM2 Product Lock Extension - VM2 Preconfig Adresses Extension - TaxCloud USA Taxes Plugin - Virtuemart  Product Review Component
https://extensions.joomla.org/profile/profile/details/67210
Contact for any VirtueMart or Joomla development & customisation

Vidhipal

One of the standout features of Alpha Whey Protein is its convenience and versatility. Whether you prefer to mix it into a shake, stir it into yogurt, or bake it into protein-packed treats, Alpha Whey Protein can easily be incorporated into your daily routine.