News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

Serious problem, "call for price"

Started by loop4633, March 09, 2012, 18:47:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

loop4633

Hello everyone, I'm new to the forum and hope not to have the wrong section. Several times I have read on your forum solutions with which I have solved my problems but this time I'm just going crazy, I explain my problem.
I was using virtuemart 1.3 and everything seemed to go well beyond the fact that the graphics were pretty meager. I tried virtuemart 2.0 and the graphics were much improved, but I had problems. 2 virtuemart installed and configured, when I login to joomla appear on the store (since the new virtuemart login module does not appear to me, but I installed the full package), and I want to purchase by first logging in as me sprouting all products not available, but if I log out and reappear all the products I can buy them easily.

Another problem is that if I make the purchase without joomla logged by myself all is well except when I put a basket and it appears the popup loses the graphics and it shows no css style.

Failing to solve these problems I speculated that they might be bugs, and today I installed version 2.3, a complete disaster! When I select the category I see all the products without their pictures and wrote "call for price" and I can not do anything to fix. I tried to uninstall twice and remove all tables from the database, but nothing, I just can not solve, I'm despairing. Can anyone help me?

I hope I explained myself
Sorry for my bad English.
thanks

PRO

Look in your "Price settings"

see if you have "show prices" enabled

Joomla login modules IS the vmart login module now

DO not uninstall: If you ever have problems, just install a clean version on top.

loop4633

Thanks so much for your answer! Unfortunately I still can not solve. I went into Configuration -> price, I deselected displays price and still do not see the product icon and nothing, I re-selected displays the item price but I get no change. I do not even appear anymore "call for price". I'm going crazy, I do not know what to do.

Thanks for your help, other solutions?

loop4633

I decided to reinstall virtuemart 2.0 since I can not fix my problem. I have a question? What do you call this a form login virtuemart? I think there is. The only solution is to buy the product and fill out before buying?

Can anyone help me?

PRO

Quote from: loop4633 on March 10, 2012, 10:53:50 AM
I decided to reinstall virtuemart 2.0 since I can not fix my problem. I have a question? What do you call this a form login virtuemart? I think there is. The only solution is to buy the product and fill out before buying?

Can anyone help me?

You create joomla menu links to the registration, account maintenance etc.

loop4633

Thanks for your help, just find some time I'll try on another server virtuemart 2.0.3 is very strange that does not work. Anyway, the updates manager of virtuemart 2.0.0 report to me as the latest version update 2.0.2 not 2.0.3.

If I find a solution for 2.0.3 version I will public it, I noticed that other people have had my own problems.

bye

loop4633

I hope not to be OT, but in this moment I saw that when a new user registers with virtuemart login will be sent an email confirmation where there are user and password in clear.

Can I prevent the password is sent in clear text?

Thank's again
bye

jenkinhill

VM2.0.3 is a developer release candidate for testing . Now at 2.0.3B it may still contain bugs. http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=99047.0

The general release version to follow from this will be 2.0.4  (even numbers for general release versions, odd numbers for testing versions)

The email registration confirmation is as sent by Joomla, and has never been encrypted.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

loop4633

I have just taken a test on a home server with ubuntu + lamp and also the version 2.0.2 it works properly, I updated the site again and gives me the exact same problem that gave me the 2.0.3 or "call for price" but this time I enabled debug and this is the error that gives me:

vmdebug self::$_jpConfig->lang it_it
        vmdebug vmTime: loadConfig db no: 0.0026769638061523
        vmdebug Start used Ram 6.25M
        vmdebug vmTime: VirtuemartControllerCategory Finished task : 0.17260885238647
        vmdebug End used Ram 9.75M
        vmdebug Peak memory peak 9.75M

bad, now I search on google and find this --> http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=95254.msg312660#msg312660
where antonino78 says that him resolved the problem and send the correct language at virtuemart team. Why I receive this error? What I do to resolve?

Anyone can help me please?

jenkinhill

That debug output does not show an error, it describes what has happened. Task was completed.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

loop4633

If the task was complete, why I can't see the price of my object but only "call for price"?

jenkinhill

vmdebug self::$_jpConfig->lang it_it   - I wonder if this is a language file issue. Can you test in en_gb ?
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

loop4633

I asked myself the same question but I do not know how I can change the language in virtuemart, it is detected automatically while installation.

tank's for you interesting

jenkinhill

Change the language in Joomla's Language Manager: Installed Languages - assuming English is installed in Joomla it will automatically set the same in VirtueMart.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK