News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Bring Virtuemart back to surface - community help needed

Started by rdcustom, July 15, 2024, 13:34:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jflash

Quote from: hazael on September 20, 2024, 11:21:13 AMPS. The new Joomla Menu is a disaster - it couldn't be worse and I think that a lot of people have the same impressions as me. Of course, there is also a group of crazy masochists who say it's great, even though after a year of using Joomla they are still looking for the same target item in this sick menu for a long time..
Maybe you know but...

For menu disaster are some lifehacks: open module 'Admin menu' and set option 'Choose preset' to 'Alternative Main Menu'. Now your left menu shows menu items like in older versions of Joomla.

And of course for top menu use Phoca Top Menu Module: https://www.phoca.cz/download/71-phoca-modules/123-phoca-top-menu-module Install package, open admin module 'Phoca Top Module', set position to customtop, choose preset and make it sticky - you are in heaven again :D

hazael

It's almost perfect. I even feel alive. ;D 

Thanks and cheers! 8)

seagul

Yesterday, J2Store announced that it is closing its doors.

So, if there is a J2Store to VM importer that would be nice  ;D

But with recreating the whole VM code I would be really careful. J2Store did not survive that move. They wanted to rebuild the whole shop and never finished...

However, I could only support with testing and customer/administrator insights.