News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Error installing com_virtuemart.4.0.14.10805.zip

Started by man.of.earth, March 20, 2023, 20:53:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

man.of.earth

After trying to install com_virtuemart.4.0.14.10805.zip, the following errors appear:

Warning
Install path does not exist.
Package Update: There was an error installing an extension: com_virtuemart.4.0.14.10805.zip
Error
Error installing package

jenkinhill

Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

man.of.earth

I saw that after I wrote the message.
Can any of the developers also make a package only for VM? I don't need to replace the entire J site.

Studio 42

Or get com_virtuemart.4.0.12.10777_package_or_extract.zip
extract the packages. You have all additional files, if needed, for eg. PDF generator

man.of.earth

Thanks, but I wanted to use the latest version (I already have v4.0.12.10777 installed).

Ghost

hazael

niosme

Even the quickstart is not working.

But not having the component files what kind of logic is this?

A logic could be a free and a paid version with some extras, better coupons, colors , filters etc and of course with NO BUGS...

So if someone have an existing joomla site and want to install the latest virtuemart he just cannot? Intersting!
And this means joomla will have no longer a free eshop solution as the older versions only can be downloaded. There is no free and a paid version there is just only paid ones.
At least if we pay we should have no bugs at those versions and let the free for feautures and beta testers. But to pay and still have bugs? what's the reason?

This leaves joomla without a free eshop solution. Also 70 per domain is a suicide. There are a lot of free platforms out there which they are free on basic installation. Want more feautures?Want no bugs? you should pay.
A user that have 20 eshop have to give you 1400e per year to take the updates? You are talking to the final users or to companies that make eshops? From no charge ( free ) this gone to insane prices.
Fullstack Developer and Joomla Expert

Roderic

Quote from: niosme on March 23, 2023, 12:49:04 PM
A user that have 20 eshop have to give you 1400e per year to take the updates? You are talking to the final users or to companies that make eshops? From no charge ( free ) this gone to insane prices.

The Platin subscription is for 9 domains. €33 ex / €39 incl per domain/shop per year. If a shop owner can't afford that, I'm not sure if it makes sense to have a webshop at all.

I see it as a positive change. Although could do with some improvements.

niosme

Virtuemart is not refering to shop owners but to companies.No installation package also bugs shop owners will never figure out..but correct me if i am wrong.So we are not talking about shop owners but to companies that making e commerce sites.

But at least if we pay shouldnt it be bug free? I am not opossite of paying but isnt too much for 20 domains and bugs come like a rain in each update?

Just saying at least those payed versions should be bug free. When someone pays needs a completly working product without problems everywhere. Do we have something like this here?
It could be the free buggy version and the premium payed. But not a payed buggy version.

The main think here is that there is no e commerce free solution in joomla 4 and later.

Milbo

Even the quickstart is not working.
It is not a Quickstart. A quickstart in the joomla world is an akeeba backup. The fullinstaller is a normal j3 with VM files and vm sample data. Opening the page leads you to the vm installer and so you end upa with a fresh joomla with fresh VM but vm sampledata.

A logic could be a free and a paid version with some extras, better coupons, colors , filters etc and of course with NO BUGS...
Another version takes extra time to maintain. An release take a day or more, for 2 versions 2 days. It is a lot harder to get two versions bugfree, than one version, and so on. Another problem is that I do RapidPrototyping as Mechatronics do, so we have a constand evolving core. The old way is the revolutionary development. See Windows98 and WinXP. But if you compare windows 7 to win8 to win 10, you see a constant evolutionary development, without breaks, gaps and so on. I do the same for VM since vm2.0.

So if someone have an existing joomla site and want to install the latest virtuemart he just cannot? Intersting!
First the SVN is free, of course you can do that. Second there is even a docs explaining how to create your own installers.

And this means joomla will have no longer a free eshop solution as the older versions only can be downloaded. There is no free and a paid version there is just only paid ones.
No the fullinstaller is free and has the last files. So you can always start with the newest version. You can update manually by using the files, or you can pay 50 euro a year to download the last package installer. If you earn money with VM, it is really worth the 50 euro a year.

At least if we pay we should have no bugs at those versions and let the free for feautures and beta testers. But to pay and still have bugs? what's the reason?
Then tell that NASA. I dont know, long time ago, that I read that. But the statistic is like that
normal code, 20 errors in 100 lines
commercial matured code 10 errors in 100 lines
miltary code 5 -10 errors in 100 lines
Space/Nuklear code less than 3 errors in 100 lines.

Something like that. It is impossible to deliver bugfree code, man. But the version 4.0.14 is almost only bugfixes compared to 4.0.12.

Also 70 per domain is a suicide. There are a lot of free platforms out there which they are free on basic installation. Want more feautures?Want no bugs? you should pay.

What you are talking for nonsense. The price is 50 euro for the first year and the following years currently just 42 euro. If you buy one domain. If you have 20 domains, you buy 2 platin memberships and you pay 33 euro per domain and the following years even less. Furthermore no one says you have to buy 20 memberships for 20 domains. Actually of course it is meant like that, then it is easy to use the joomla updater to update. But you can also just buy the membership for one domain and install it as often you want to. But of course Support is only for one domain and not for all shops.
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

multistud

HELLO,
bravo for this decision, I also think that all work deserves salary, and considering the amount of work done to improve Virtuemart, and make it compatible with the latest versions of Joomla.

Personally I use Virtuemart since Version 3, I solved some bug by myself knowing that these versions were completely free, but the few times that I needed help I was very well advised as much by Max than by Valerie.

It is therefore normal that in an era where everything is becoming very expensive, that it is necessary to remunerate people who work hard for the good of the community, and especially when they love their job.
Congratulations again Max

François (from France)

niosme

Actually i unzipped and full installer dont work. I was not refering too akeeba..

No the fullinstaller is free and has the last files. So you can always start with the newest version. You can update manually by using the files
An existing joomla site which want to add eshop functionallity how to use the full installer?Also the tutorial to create the installer is quite empty cause the sql changes are nowhere and more than this are not considered in this tutorial.

But of course Support is only for one domain and not for all shops.
Ok thats fair enough and can understand this

Again. Are you refering to companies or to the eshop owner?

multistud

QuoteAlso 70 per domain is a suicide. There are a lot of free platforms out there which they are free on basic installation. Want more feautures?Want no bugs? you should pay.

If you are Fullstack Developer and Joomla Expert
I think you charge for your work!

20 domains with platinum: €33 excl. VAT x 20 = €660 excl. VAT per year
i.e. €55 excl. tax per month for 20 shops
i.e. €2.76 excl. tax per month per shop

Re-invoiced (1.5) to each store
€4.15 excl. VAT per month per shop = 49.98 excl. VAT per year per shop
i.e. €996.00 excl. tax for 20 shops
i.e. 336 € excl. tax of profit per year only for Virtuemart

ViPeS

After trying to update VirtueMart 4.0.14, the following errors appear:
Failed to extract file: index.php_option_com_virtuemart_view_plugin_name_istraxx_download_byhost
VM 4.2.6 10972, Joomla 4.4.3, PHP 8.1.13