News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

How to display only categories related to a manufacturer?

Started by vmproblem, May 25, 2021, 14:47:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vmproblem

When I'm on the manufacturer page and click on "View all Manufacturer products", I would like to show only categories related to that manufacturer, NOT ALL categories of my e-commerce....
Can you help me with the php code?
I'm using Joomla 3.9.26, Virtuemart 3.8.8 and PHP 7.4.10.

balai

Jörgen

I only get products related to the specific manufacturer. What are you using for a template ?

Jörgen
Joomla 3.9.18
Virtuemart 3.4.x
Olympiantheme Hera (customized)
This reflects current status when viewing old post.

vmproblem1

I don't want a filter.... I have a menu with a list of brands and when I'm in the manufacurer's page and click on "View all Manufacturer products", I would like to see ONLY ITS CATEGORIES.
Example: There are two parent catergories, automotive and industry. Products of some manufacturers do not belong to both categories, so if a category is empty, I would like to not show it, without filters...

(I don't use commercial templates, I created one myself)

Jörgen

I do not know how You have done this. I have not sen your code, sorry

If You in product detais drill down from manufacturer to manufakturer page to show manufacturer products, you will get what you want. Make Your own assumptions from there.

Jörgen
Joomla 3.9.18
Virtuemart 3.4.x
Olympiantheme Hera (customized)
This reflects current status when viewing old post.

jenkinhill

Default display of products from a manufacturer is to show all the top-level categories (from all manufacturers) at the top of the page followed by the products for that manufacturer only. 

In VM default templates the categories display is via /components/com_virtuemart/sublayouts/categories.php so I guess you could look at ways to not display that sublayout on your manufacturer product pages.

I have no idea how to do it.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

2dmaster

Yeah its comes dead of virtuemart when you have 100 200 categories..
Site very ugly.
+1 its old bug with no managenent and no code
Tell me why ???