News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Registration Email Error

Started by Tryer, December 03, 2020, 10:29:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tryer

I am using Joomla 3.9.23, VM 3.8.6 and PHP 7.3.19.

When a new user registers an account the details are correctly entered into the database etc but the user sees the message"COM_VIRTUEMART_REG_COMPLETE_ACTIVATE_ADMIN" and no email verification message is sent to either the user or to admin. This is a recent occurrence seemingly related to Joomla or VM upgrades -the sytem worked well previously.

I have searched the forums and found a couple of related posts but nothing helps beyond the suggestion to check the language files. The file en_GB.com_virtuemart.ini contains the following entries:

COM_VIRTUEMART_REG_COMPLETE="<div class='componentheading'>Registration Complete!</div>"
COM_VIRTUEMART_REG_COMPLETE_ACTIVATE="<div class='componentheading'>Registration Completed!</div> <br />Your account has been created and an activation link has been sent to the e-mail address you entered. Note that you must activate the account by clicking on the activation link when you get the e-mail before you can login."

That is really as far as I have got. Please can anyone help?

GJC Web Design

COM_VIRTUEMART_REG_COMPLETE_ACTIVATE_ADMIN

would be when an activation email is sent to the admin to complete the registration

COM_VIRTUEMART_REG_COMPLETE_ACTIVATE_ADMIN="<div class='componentheading'>Registration Completed!</div> <br />Your account has been created and is awaiting approval by an administrator."

it is in my   administrator\components\com_virtuemart\language\en-GB\en-GB.com_virtuemart.ini  v3.8.6
GJC Web Design
VirtueMart and Joomla Developers - php developers https://www.gjcwebdesign.com
VM4 AusPost Shipping Plugin - e-go Shipping Plugin - VM4 Postcode Shipping Plugin - Radius Shipping Plugin - VM4 NZ Post Shipping Plugin - AusPost Estimator
Samport Payment Plugin - EcomMerchant Payment Plugin - ccBill payment Plugin
VM2 Product Lock Extension - VM2 Preconfig Adresses Extension - TaxCloud USA Taxes Plugin - Virtuemart  Product Review Component
https://extensions.joomla.org/profile/profile/details/67210
Contact for any VirtueMart or Joomla development & customisation

Jörgen

Are you checking the admin language file and are your language files upp to date ? Are You using another language ?

Jörgen
Joomla 3.9.18
Virtuemart 3.4.x
Olympiantheme Hera (customized)
This reflects current status when viewing old post.

Tryer

Thank you for the comments.

I am using the English language file which I assumed was up to date because VM is up to date. I am checking the file components/com_virtuemart/language/en-GB/en-GB.com_virtuemart.ini. This file is dated 22/11/2020.

Tryer

Sorry, I forgot to add that my original post contained an error. The user does receive the registration email (plus ann error message) but the admin authorisation email is not received. It seems the user is able to logi in to the new account by clicking on the link in the email although the account is still not authorised by admin.

Jörgen

Quote from: GJC Web Design on December 03, 2020, 11:28:09 AM
COM_VIRTUEMART_REG_COMPLETE_ACTIVATE_ADMIN

would be when an activation email is sent to the admin to complete the registration

COM_VIRTUEMART_REG_COMPLETE_ACTIVATE_ADMIN="<div class='componentheading'>Registration Completed!</div> <br />Your account has been created and is awaiting approval by an administrator."

it is in my   administrator\components\com_virtuemart\language\en-GB\en-GB.com_virtuemart.ini  v3.8.6

Try John' s suggestion and look in the right place.

Jörgen
Joomla 3.9.18
Virtuemart 3.4.x

Tryer

OK, thanks. I have check the file in admin and the relevant entries are below:

COM_VIRTUEMART_REG_COMPLETE="<div class='componentheading'>Registration Complete!</div>"
COM_VIRTUEMART_REG_COMPLETE_ACTIVATE="<div class='componentheading'>Registration Completed!</div> <br />Your account has been created and an activation link has been sent to the e-mail address you entered. Note that you must activate the account by clicking on the activation link when you get the e-mail before you can login."
COM_VIRTUEMART_REG_VENDOR_COMPLETE="<div class='componentheading'>Registration of vendor complete!</div>"
COM_VIRTUEMART_REG_VENDOR_COMPLETE_ACTIVATE="<div class='componentheading'>Registration of vendor Completed!</div> <br />Your account has been created and an activation link has been sent to the e-mail address you entered. Note that you must activate the account by clicking on the activation link when you get the e-mail before you can login."

This file is also dated 22/11/2020

Jörgen

I think I remember something about the browsers language is used instead of the english language. Could that be it ? What language does You customer use ?

Maybe tick use english as fallback language could help ?

Jörgen @ Kreativ Fotografi
Joomla 3.9.18
Virtuemart 3.4.x

Tryer

Thanks for the suggestion, but it does not seem to change anything.

One additional symptom of the problem is that when the user clicks on the verification link they receive an error message stating that the verification code was not recognised.

Tryer

One further factor is that even though new users receive a verification email that incorporates a verification code that is not accepted, the user still gets immediate access to the account (without even clicking on the email verification link).

I really don't see what is going on here.

GJC Web Design

QuoteOne further factor is that even though new users receive a verification email that incorporates a verification code that is not accepted, the user still gets immediate access to the account (without even clicking on the email verification link).

normal ...  verification isn't really supported in VM

why do u want to drive away your customers by having them jump thru multiple hoops b4 giving u their money?

If u really want to control who can buy from your shop I would use the Joomla registration and have the shop or at least the add to carts behind a login
GJC Web Design
VM4 AusPost Shipping Plugin - e-go Shipping Plugin - VM4 Postcode Shipping Plugin - Radius Shipping Plugin - VM4 NZ Post Shipping Plugin - AusPost Estimator
VM2 Product Lock Extension - VM2 Preconfig Adresses Extension - TaxCloud USA Taxes Plugin - Virtuemart  Product Review Component

Tryer

Thanks again for your reply. That is the arrangement I use - Joomla registration with the shop (actually part of it) behind a registered user login. It has worked for several years and thru various upgrades of Joomla and VM. Nothing has been changed as far as setup is concered to produce the current problem.

However, the error message I now get comes from VM as quoted in previous posts. Yes, I am confused and that's why i am seeking expert help.

GJC Web Design

have u disabled the redirect to VM in the snappily named plugin Plugins: VM Framework Loader during Plugin Updates
GJC Web Design

jenkinhill

An issue with Joomla registration has been described by a couple of other users.

I never use required registration (so have never tested it) but for me it has always been the case that the user is automatically registered as a shopper in VM despite the Joomla user settings so can continue to complete the sale. The last thing I want is for someone to have to wait for an email before being allowed to hand over their cash.

However, after completing the payment they can't log in again to the cart to make a new purchase if not enabled in Joomla.

And check the VM Framework Loader during Plugin Updates setting (GJC beat me to that!)
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

Tryer

No, I have not disabled the redirect. It is set as shown in GJC's image above.