News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Search module not work. It searches only in the last category I've just visited.

Started by votto89, March 26, 2014, 20:29:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

votto89

I have a problem with the search module of virtuemart 2.0.16d.
When I search something the module searches only in the last category I've just visited and not in the whole market. So sometimes I have no results because the product I'm searching is not located in the category where the module searched.
Can anyone help me?
Thanks.

skowi

Hello,

I have the same issue. First I thought I made something wrong but now I see what is the cause. The search module displays results only when is displayed on the page related to current category. For example there is a shop with categories: coffee, tea and flavored tea. There is a brand of tea called A. The tea comes as  regular (Traditional A Tea) and jasmine flavored (Jasmine A Tea)

So while using search option we have 3 various scenarios:
1. Type "A Tea" on main page or in "coffee" category. We get no results.
2. Type "A Tea" in "regular tea" category and we only get "Traditional A Tea" as a result.
3. Type "A Tea" in "flavored tea" category and we only get "Jasmine A Tea" as a result.

Now let's see the address bar after clicking "Search" button. We see something similar to:
address.com/index.php/category-name/search?searchword=Search...&keyword=A+Tea&limitstart=0&option=com_virtuemart&view=category

And for the answer. I think the cause is the marked category-name and I don't know how to omit it in search string and include all possible categories in search parameters at the same time. It's not the matter of joomla configuration (or is it?), nor mod-rewrite. I'm weak at php and all I can do is blindly modify hoping the code won't stop working. Or maybe there is something to be done in VM configuration?

Any comments/help would be greatly appreciated.

I'm using J! 2.5.19 and VM 2.6 but the problem arose before the update. Back then it was 2.26 I guess (I've been up-to-date)

ncde

Same here with Joomla 3.4.1 and VM 3.0.7.
Could someone please fix this annoying bug?

Thanks!

jenkinhill

Works fine for me in VM3.0.7

If you have issues try setting the itemID in the search module to the ID used by your Joomla menu link to VM Front page
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

Studio 42

bubu678

jenkinhill, I don't quite understand what you meant.  Attached is the setting that I have.  I though that this would all have been figured out/working at this point.  Some other packages got it right.

Joomla 3.4.1   VM3.07  PHP 5.4

Thanks

Studio 42

The parameter jenkinhill mean is set ItemID.
YOu have to look in your joomla menu link and enter the ID of the right menu.

bubu678

Thanks for the reply Studio42.

I tried what you suggested.  I hope that is the proper ID.  I have attached screen shot of menu, to show what I used.  For some reason it still does not work properly.

treodude

I am having the same issue. However, I'm using the SP VirtueMart Category Search module, which apparently has no ItemID? (see attachment)

Also, I would like to keep the possibility of selecting categories.

I did find this topic: http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=105382.30

Here, they disable the function that saves the last category. Might this be a solution?

Kind regards,

Treodude
J3.4.0 VM 3.0.9
Site https://aircopomponline.nl/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=2&Itemid=54

Studio 42

Hi bubu678,
simply try an itemid,it's not harmful ;)
Quote from: bubu678 on May 06, 2015, 05:14:37 AM
Thanks for the reply Studio42.

I tried what you suggested.  I hope that is the proper ID.  I have attached screen shot of menu, to show what I used.  For some reason it still does not work properly.

hi treodude ,
Whe cannot provide support for 3party developement, simply because we don't know the code.
Try to compare original and your module, or see with the developper

Quote from: treodude on July 02, 2015, 14:15:31 PM
I am having the same issue. However, I'm using the SP VirtueMart Category Search module, which apparently has no ItemID? (see attachment)

Also, I would like to keep the possibility of selecting categories.

I did find this topic: http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=105382.30

Here, they disable the function that saves the last category. Might this be a solution?

Kind regards,

Treodude
J3.4.0 VM 3.0.9
Site https://aircopomponline.nl/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=2&Itemid=54

treodude

Hi Studio 42

Whoops, my mistake, I thought, due to the name, this was a VM AIO Core thingy.

Thanks for the response anyway!