News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Search module not working

Started by Xaman, July 17, 2012, 17:57:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

krmec

I have also the same problem. I use latest vm 2.026d and joomla 2.5.19. Has anybody fixed this issue yet?

bolonia

Have this problem too. Any ideas?

UPD: Ok, i think i solved this problem. Virtuemart keeps last visited category in current user session by cookies. You can test it removing site cookies :)

To disable this behavior you should disable adding this category to session. Open /components/com_virtuemart/helpers/shopfunctionsf.php file and search for function getLastVisitedCategoryId.

Comment default return and make it like this:

static public function getLastVisitedCategoryId ($default = 0) {

$session = JFactory::getSession();
//return $session->get( 'vmlastvisitedcategoryid', $default, 'vm' );
        return $default;

}

I hope this will help you.

Spiros Petrakis

Hi ,

the following change in search module view file modules/mod_virtuemart_search/tmpl/default.php works fine for me ( but it is better to create a template override )

replace line 4
<form action="<?php echo JRoute::('index.php?option=com_virtuemart&view=category&limitstart=0'FALSE); ?>" method="get">

and add the following at the end of the file after the other input elements
<input type="hidden" name="virtuemart_category_id" value="0"/>
Joomla templates and extensions development
https://www.yourgeek.gr

csho

Quote from: jjk on January 18, 2013, 19:29:42 PM
Quote from: CenturionSigns on January 18, 2013, 17:53:39 PM
@jjk  you mean additional Joomla extensions for searching VM products?

No, it is a plugin which is part of the VM2 core. If you go to your Joomla 2.5+ Plugin Manager and set the filter to "Search", you will see a 'VM - Search, Virtuemart Product' plugin. If you enable this plugin, you can create a Joomla Menu item with the 'Menu Item Type' "Search Form or Search Results". In the frontend this will present a search form/results like in the screenshot below.

I have the 2.6 virtuemart and I can't find this in plugins,does it still exist?
I need to fix the issue that when searching when viewing a products pages it searches only within that category and not from root, as a result to show no result page.

skowi

Hello, Bolonia and Yourgeek! Just after I've been thinking how to send you a bottle of decent whiskey I tested your solutions. Sadly not to have any success. So no whiskey for you :(

I'm using newest j!2.5 and newest stable VM and hoping someone will help to solve this issue.

csho

Enabling SEF solved the problem for me.

tjrayner

I had the same problem in VM3 and had to enable the "VirtueMart Product" plugin

trevorbicewebdesign

I have a few plugins that I wrote that use the com_finder extension. Maybe this would be helpful? Its not perfect!

http://webdesign.trevorbice.com/free-downloads/smart-search-virtuemart-product.html
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.
http://webdesign.trevorbice.com/

lindapowers

I had issues displaying search results also in vm 3.0.14 even.

So after testing I noticed in my menu item for vm categories I had page layout set to "categories" and that displays 0 results after searching for a term.

If you change the page layout to "default" or "no override" in your menu item in our case it worked and shows the results.