News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

Product titles all messed up

Started by naoko15, January 09, 2014, 15:22:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

naoko15

Hello, today the titles of some of my products have started to look all messed up. Clicking on them results in a wrong url too , not the prodcut detail. I've no idea why this happened, i didn't do anything.  How is this possible and what can i do to fix it?

EDit: i changed the SKU of some products, can this be what caused the problem?

I'm using J2.5 and VM 2.0.20b

Thanks

jenkinhill

You have a problem with your template overrides, use Firebug to help see the css issue.  http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=116620.0

Your VM version is old and known to be insecure, some sites running earlier versions have been hacked. You should maybe look at updating (test on a backup of the site) http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=118683.0
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

naoko15

I think if it was a problem with template overrides the titles of all the products would be displayed incorrectly?  and only a few have this problem.

I will update and get back to let you know if it worked.

Thanks!

Jörgen

Hello naoko15

Could it be that You have some characters like '' , ' or / that messes up the HTML on Your page ?

regards

Jörgen @ Kreativ Fotografi
Joomla 3.9.18
Virtuemart 3.4.x
Olympiantheme Hera (customized)
This reflects current status when viewing old post.

naoko15

Hello Jörgen, no. Actually, i haven't changed anything, and if there were any of those special characters messing with the html, i guess all products would be messed up, not just a few

jenkinhill

I could not get into the site yesterday (refused to load), but today I could. No idea where the corruption is coming from that gives you product title code like this:

<h2><a href="/vinos/<strong class="keyword">cava</strong>s/<strong class="keyword">cava</strong>-bellisco-detail" >Cava extremeño Bellisco</a></h2>

compared to a correctly displayed title:

<h2><a href="/vinos/cavas/barbadillo-beta-brut-detail" >Barbadillo Beta Brut</a></h2>

I think I'd try to find out where the <strong class="keyword">cava</strong> is coming from.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

naoko15

Well, i have no idea where to look for it. The template override seems to be ok -->

<h2><?php echo JHTML::link($product->link$product->product_name); ?></h2>
</div>
</center>

Any ideas?

edit: disabling friendly urls solves the problem, temporarily, of course, as i can't have friendly urls disabled.

Thanks for the help

jenkinhill

Are you using VirtueMart and Joomla's native SEF or a third party product?
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

naoko15

No, no third party product, only native SEF

jenkinhill

Never seen native do that before. Make sure you use a Seo Suffix as without can sometimes cause problems.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

naoko15

I've found the problem, i've uninstalled the component SEO Boss and the problem went away. This component is used to change metatags, titles...and generate seo content in general. It doesn't have SEF function so i didn't think it would be the one interfering.

: ) Thank you all for the help