Paypal Website Payments Pro hosted solution UK, Spain, Italy, France, Australia

Started by AH, May 28, 2013, 21:47:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AH

I have cloned the paypal plugin and created a new plugin for use with the Paypal Pro hosted Solution
This is for shop owners that do not wish to store or capture card data on their sites (so no need for SSL and no card data stored, PCI compliance)

User can choose via parameters either: iframe or, hosted paypal page (and the hosted paypal page format via parameters).

Does anyone in the VM team want to take a look at it, tell me it is a load of tosh or possibly if it is of use in the future core.

I am not sure if the coding is up to scratch (I am a beginner!)

Let me know your thoughts, and if this is nonsense, I can scrap the idea and just keep it for my own site purposes (when I go live with VM2)

Have tested for a few days in sandbox and seems to be in good shape.

Tested for UK Website Payments Pro Paypal Pro Hosted Solution

This plugin would potentially work for:
Spain: Pasarela Integral
Italy: PayPal Pro
France: PayPal Intégral Evolution
Australia: Website Payments Pro Hosted Solution

Couple of things to resolve:-

• On localhost cannot get the paymentconfirmation return to set the order to "confirmed" in the backend
  • Txn-id returned in the paypal post return data is not stored in the database (although IPN should do that)  I have got it to the point where it will at least show the txn_id on the return page in VM.

Regards
A

Joomla 3.10.11
php 8.0

Jörgen

A link to the plugin maybe ??   :)

regards

Jörgen @ Kreativ Fotografi
Joomla 3.9.18
Virtuemart 3.4.x
Olympiantheme Hera (customized)
This reflects current status when viewing old post.

AH

LOL  :o

UNfortuantely this plugin will not work for Sweden.

I do not want lots of people mailing me to tell me it is not working for them so I have not posted a link.

Regards
A

Joomla 3.10.11
php 8.0

TRIPLEdm

Hi Hutson,

I am in the UK and require this plugin. Thank you for the solution can you please send me a link to download the plugin?
JC
www.tripledm.com
www.sapromo.com
"... Yesterday is History, Tomorrow is a Mystery, Today is a gift, that's why we call it Present"

AH

I want the team to review this and for them to decide if this could form part of core and be released into the real world.
Regards
A

Joomla 3.10.11
php 8.0

TRIPLEdm

OK thank you.

I thought you wanted to share your solution with people as well, sorry my bad.
JC
www.tripledm.com
www.sapromo.com
"... Yesterday is History, Tomorrow is a Mystery, Today is a gift, that's why we call it Present"

AH

Sorry for the confusion, I wanted to see if the core team would adopt this for free and include it in future updates after verifying the code is ok for their standards.

I would not want to give you bad code so have not released the plugin as I do not have time to support
Regards
A

Joomla 3.10.11
php 8.0

Milbo

We are just in negotiation with them. Send it at best to alatak, if the code is useful we will even give you some compensation.
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

ssc3

Will you be using secure tokens or encrypted buttons?

While the alternative plain text HTML buttons are the easiest to implement the

prices and descriptions can be changed by the customer.

Virtuemart Payment Plugins
https://plugins.online-store.co.uk

AH

ssc3

As secure as the Paypal Manual and PayPal can make it! No express button is used.
Regards
A

Joomla 3.10.11
php 8.0

TRIPLEdm

JC
www.tripledm.com
www.sapromo.com

AH

Thanks Milbo

The solution and code is very useful -  ;D 

If you have a Paypal Pro account.
Regards
A

Joomla 3.10.11
php 8.0

ssc3

An alternative version here if anyone is interested.

http://plugins.online-store.co.uk/paypal_pro_hosted_solution.html

There may be one or two others available elsewhere. It's known by quite a confusing set of different names
Virtuemart Payment Plugins
https://plugins.online-store.co.uk

AH

Good news for those people who need this solution from a third party

A
Regards
A

Joomla 3.10.11
php 8.0

TRIPLEdm

Thank you that's awesome, just one question... what about the UK?

On our website it does not list nor specify that it works in the UK so just checking.
JC
www.tripledm.com
www.sapromo.com