News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

Modules on Product details page:: ANNOYING!!!

Started by pushthepixel, June 12, 2012, 23:50:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pushthepixel

What were they thinking??? Why do modules assigned to spots dissapear on the product details page? I want the categories and other modules to stay put, but they dissapear on prod pages?

How can I stop it from doing this?

What a hugely annoying "feature".

jenkinhill

It's Joomla! Assign the modules to the relevant menu items and for more refined module publishing use Metamod.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

jansolo76

Unfortunately Metamod doesn't work that good with Joomla 1.5 and VM2.
Still can't figure out how to inheritage itemids to cart and checkout pages...
Any idea?

AH

If you are having problems figuring out metamod "recipe's" I would head over to the metamod forums.

I have found that I get good responses when asking questions.
Regards
A

Joomla 3.10.11
php 8.0

pushthepixel

Its not as simple as assigning it to a menu page. The modules work on every page, EXCEPT the product details page. Metamod hasn't help either.

YOu can see what I mean here: http://www.pushthepixel.ca/clients/beaches/index.php/products

Products title is a spacer for the logo, but it dissapears on the product detail pages. Its VERY frustrating, and a stupid thing to have happen.

pushthepixel

ANybody got an update on this? Its making my life considerably more difficult than it needs to be :)

AH

I have a testbed working here and it is working fine.  Modules show when browsing in VM.

Turn debug on and check your code

Regards
A

Joomla 3.10.11
php 8.0