News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

What bugs do you know of in stockable variants plugin

Started by OpenGlobal, May 24, 2012, 14:36:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sandstorm

Wow, I just read through all 18 pages of this thread. Great work from OpenGlobal and input from other users - well done  8)

I am using Vm2.0.18 & also have a test version running 2.0.22a and have ran into a problem before with multiple prices, but have managed to ignore it until now.
I have 1000's of products using Parent\Child with the stockable variants plugin

I initially wanted to use different prices for buying multiples of products - This worked great in VM1, but I have never got it to work in VM2.
It also works great for single products, but not with products using the stockable variant plugin.

When I add multiple prices to the child product, when you view these in the front end store the price always reverts back to the main parent price? My initial idea was that if a customer was buying 1 variant of the product he/she pays full price. If they buy 2-4 of them they get to buy at the discounted price and so on for other quantities 5-10, 11-20, etc
I gave up with getting this to work a long time ago BUT,

I am now revisiting this as I need to add a different price to every product for a set shopper group.

With the help of CSVi, I have successfully imported these prices for all my products and child products, but when I test this by logging in as a member of the test shopper group, the price is ignored and always reverts to the main parent price. So I guess multiple pricing still isnt working for stockable variant plugin products?

Again this is OK for normal/single products, it just doesn't work for stockable variants.

Does anybody have any ideas on this? Is it a bug?

Thanks in advance,
Andy

PS Joomla Day UK in Ascot on 5/6th October 2013 - http://www.joomladay.co.uk
J3.6.4 / PHP7.0.12
VM3.0.16

ypnetwork

hello

I have for some time problems with the stock. Here are the two problems:

1 Amount does not draw properly from:
If you on a product. e.g. Surfshirt buys a piece, it attracts only the Produktvariannte (the size of) a piece and not even in the main product. It would have to pull off a piece at both places.

2 Incorrect ordering quantities:
It is possible two surf shirt to order in size XS XS though when the amount is set to 1. The system looks just how much the Gesammtproduktmenge is the main product. The system should determine the future for the respective variables in the Produktvariannte the possible order quantity and not the main product.

How can I fix this?

I use the following plugins and Modlue:

plugins:

VM - Custom, product specification
VM - Custom, stock viable variants
VM - Custom, customer textInputStyleFilters
VM - Payment, Authorize.net
VM - Payment, Paypal
VM - Payment, Payzen
VM - Payment, Default
VM - Payment, SystemPay
VM - Shipper, By weight, ZIP and countries
VM - Shipment, By weight, ZIP and countries

modules:

For as modules, only because I have activated your shopping cart. The plugins and modules are up to date, and the date and the Joomla Virtuemart.

Sorry for my bad english

thanks in advance and greetings

Daniel Ammann

bunglehaze

The custom stockable field and child variant plugins just plain do not work well at all. It is an infuriating system to use, when you eventually hash something together that does kinda work it breaks on a whim. I just updated to the latest 2.0.22 and now for some strange reason half of my products are choosing a child product from another parent, the backend still shows the child products all being correct  frontend is a totally different product.

**Just found this, when a product has related items selected it overrides the child product with the related item IF the related item  is also a parent item itself**

I do not understand how the stockable field needs to have each stockable option listed in the plugin and yet still works using a child product - why? It seems that VM keeps getting a slating during Joomla meetings, training days etc purely on the basis of this custom attributes system and I do not get how it has not just been ripped out and totally rewritten using a system based on an ecommerce system that is applauded for custom field handling. Most other issues with VM2 have been well dealt with and the system as a whole is really well executed now.

Child products setup works if you fiddle about with it but in the admin area the child products are shown by default in the full list, in the frontend they are shown in the category which is just strange - if you have a massive list of child products but only 4 parents you would usually only want those parent products showing up and the child products are displayed in the parent - why is there not an option to hide and group child products in both the backend and frontend?

The backend already has a link to child product of > *parent link*

A tick box in the backend perhaps that says "show all child products" would make that much simpler.

Why the stockable and child variant plugins are still strange:

I have a product called a eGo ce4+ ecig kit, it comes in 4 kit options already setup as child products . For the purpose of this explanation those would be.

Battery only

Deluxe Kit

Deluxe Kit 2

For this I use the child variant plugin. Each dropdown reloads the page to select the child product, not a huge problem but a little bit annoying for a user and adds page load time. Using the stockable plugin loads child products and options without needing a page reload but you seem to need to input the options before and for kits it is not usable. Really this functionality should all be handled in a single process, it should be able to dynamically add and edit options and just be able to choose what you want it to perform.

PolishedGeek

Quote from: bunglehaze on August 14, 2013, 00:08:48 AM

I do not understand how the stockable field needs to have each stockable option listed in the plugin and yet still works using a child product - why? It seems that VM keeps getting a slating during Joomla meetings, training days etc purely on the basis of this custom attributes system and I do not get how it has not just been ripped out and totally rewritten using a system based on an ecommerce system that is applauded for custom field handling. Most other issues with VM2 have been well dealt with and the system as a whole is really well executed now.

I've been told that the custom fields functionality is getting a major rewrite in v2.2, due out in a few months last I chatted with Max. I'm looking forward to seeing how the new fields work.

I suspect, however, that most of the custom field plugins and addons will not be backwards compatible. It remains to be seen, but if the custom field overhaul is extensive there are probably going to be several extensions that have to be upgraded to work with the new system. Or they might not be needed at all anymore, if v2.2 includes their capabilities. I know that being able to mark custom fields as required has been a very popular request, so I imagine that might be included in VM 2.2.

Would love to see a coming-soon feature list for the new custom fields when Max & company are comfortable publishing it. :)
~ Deb Cinkus, CEO
Polished Geek, LLC   |    www.PolishedGeek.com

Creators of JoomLister - eBay Lister for Joomla!

bunglehaze

Deb, a full overhaul is what is needed. I know Max mentioned this was happening before but that must have been getting close to a year ago now so I assumed that whatever changes had been done and not much had changed. A year is a long time for people to have a hamstrung system to work with and like I say it is a real shame as it really casts a huge black cloud over what is overall a good product.

I have been waiting to re-configure a whole section of my site for well in excess of a year now because the current system would just not do the job, I thought about migrating to Mijoshop but decided against it after Max mentioned the changes a while back and being a long time user of VM I wanted to stick with what I know. I personally cannot wait to see if this overhaul addresses - NO - kicks into touch all of the gripes haunting VM since the 2.0 release.

OpenGlobal

Quote from: fluidfusion on August 13, 2013, 11:30:35 AM
Answered my own question here, did a backup version of the site and managed to successfully update to v22a. Still not adding weight info to the cart for child products though.

Any ideas?

Try the attached version.

OpenGlobal E-commerce

[attachment cleanup by admin]

escapezone

Hello!

I am using : Joomla 2.5.14 and Virtuemart 2.0.22b

I have created a product with 2 colors (stockable). Each color has quantity 12

For example :

Blue color quantity 12
Green color quantity 12

If i put 12 blue in my cart and then go to put 12 green , it doesn't let me to put other color..

it is like the stockable.php takes the maximum quantity 12 of the first color and then it doesn't let you put other color...

Imaging that you hane a clothes shop and someone wants to buy 1 small and 1 minimum size and you have exactly those available in your invertory,  he/she wont be able to put in the cart more than one size..

I hope you understand the problem , if you don't, ask me for more info.

Thank you!

tuki

I found a tutorial for the child product with working stock control. The only differenct is not to use ajax refreshing (page reload).

Watch it here:
http://awebsupport.com/vm2-set-up-child-product-with-stock-control

khuzemav201

got your files from http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=103561.0

i was having the same problem :
I make a fabric type options with custom fields, and i set SHOP CONFIGURATIO to 'Show Notify me instead Add to Cart', but the plugin not show options that are out of stock, and if I set parent product to stock 0 it show the Notify button instead add to cart, otherwise this only hide the options that are out of stock.

This is wrong.

I wanna that show all options, and when I seletc a size that are out of stock, this hide Add to Cart button and show Notify Me.

the file given in attachement did solve half the case it now auto calculate stock but when i select custom field which is out of stock it still shows in stock when i add it to cart but product are not adding in card.
secont i am no more able to visit checkout page or edit any product in admin after updating product.php

joomla 2.5.14
VM 2.0.22d

can you please help

Florentp

The Stock handling for Order Status don't seems to work when i set it to "reserved".
Web programmer. Passionate.
PHP, SQL, Javascript, JQuery, css.

OpenGlobal

khuzemav201, can you provide a link?

Florentp, sorry, I don't understand what you mean.

OpenGlobal E-commerce

Florentp

Quote from: OpenGlobal on September 23, 2013, 17:28:44 PM

OpenGlobal E-commerce

Sorry...

VM -> Configuration -> Order Status
For "pending" status, if i set the "Stock handling" parameter to "Is reserved", it's not working.
The stock is still available, people still can put it on their cart.
Web programmer. Passionate.
PHP, SQL, Javascript, JQuery, css.

khuzemav201

Quote from: OpenGlobal on September 23, 2013, 17:28:44 PM

OpenGlobal E-commerce

http://mgeezz.com i have currently removed the modification can i pm you and provide my admin and ftp credentials

farangprod

Hi,

I have few troubles with  stockable variants plugin...
I am using : Joomla 2.5.14 and Virtuemart 2.0.22d

1° I can't sort options and sometimes options comeas an unordered list.
2° The parent stock is not updated when i change children stock (parent stock stays to 0 even with 9 children items availables)
3° After adding a product in cart, if there isn't available stock anymore, the "add to cart" button is still here but on click it says 0 product added in cart. I would like to see "notify me " instead of button... jquery doesn't update status
4° in the dropdown list, if i have only one option (only one color for example) i would like to not show the dropdown list and select automatically the unique option available.

Hope you can help me to solve these problems.
Thanks a lot !

here is a link: http://absolutkiteboarding.farangprod.com/view/productdetails/virtuemart_product_id/85/virtuemart_category_id/36

sandstorm

When using stockable variants, we cant seem to use multiple prices easily.
I want to add a special price for s special shopper group for all my products. 
I can imprt these prices OK using CSVi and they display ordered in the backend so that default price shows first then the new shoppergroup price.
But when you are logged in the front of VM as the shoppergroup user. The price firstly seems OK when you look in category view, but when you look at product view, the price reverts after 1/2 second or so backto the default price.

This only happens on products that are set up as parent/child using the stockable variant plugin.

I have found that manually changing the order of the price so that default price is in last place, fixes, the problem, but I'm not sure why this should matter?

Also there is no way via CSVi or in the databse itself to reorder large number of prices?
J3.6.4 / PHP7.0.12
VM3.0.16