News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

My customer say that VM2.0 Checkout is a nightmare... how to simplify?

Started by simbus82, May 23, 2012, 16:48:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

simbus82

How to have a normal-like-all-the-web step checkout process?

Now the VM2.0 checkout is a nightmare: all info are "caos" in a single page mixed with the cart.

I know that you are trying to do a process that requires only one click to buy...

...but this should not be a standard feature, there must be a choice because the buyers of my clients were really disoriented.

This is the only ecommerce that once you go in the cart, you enter into a nightmare.

Ho to have a simple step process?

1) cart with products
2a) if logged go to 3)
2b) b if not logged view the login form
3) a page with only the address info
4) a page with only the payment info
5) confirmation page: with selected payment, selected address and the total price for cart + shipment. Click to finish the process.

Thanks!
Joomla! 2.5.16 & VM 2.0.24b

AmStaF

Don`t you look demo.virtuemart.net? It`s quite clear and easy to understand! Shipping > Payment > Complete.

I suppose you have a problem with the design/layout, not functionality. It must be user-friendly, so why not make it more clear for your customer? imho.

jenkinhill

Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

simbus82

Quote from: AmStaF on May 24, 2012, 10:43:06 AM
Don`t you look demo.virtuemart.net? It`s quite clear and easy to understand! Shipping > Payment > Complete.

I suppose you have a problem with the design/layout, not functionality. It must be user-friendly, so why not make it more clear for your customer? imho.

Demo is not working, i add a product then i click checkout and i see a page with "login + registration" fields. There is not button to continue if a do a new account. -_-
Joomla! 2.5.16 & VM 2.0.24b

nvsdesign

This is exactly what's bothering me about VM2, there is no proper checkout. Averything is one big chaos and all the solutions I see is "just use the onepage checkout".

That's not what I want. I want the checkout to be in steps, like every good webshop does.

Why is it so difficult to design a proper checkout process?
A checkout process should be like simbus82 describes.

This is really the thing that keeps me from using VM2 for al the webshops I develop...

Milbo

The checkout process is easy, maybe you did not configured it correctly. It has also steps. Read the manual
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member