News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

2.0.7c Product tabs in the back end come and go - explorer only 8/9-

Started by John2400, May 05, 2012, 15:58:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

John2400

When I am in the back end ,

I have tabs missing in products only

Image attached -
* update - these two tabs just come and go ? and yes I refresh 10 times.

[attachment cleanup by admin]

slammy

same here with vm 2.0.7, but until now only in ie9. Opera seems to be unaffected.

uschmi

same here in 2.0.7a and IE9
Firefox seems to be ok

John2400

In all versions up to 7 - I could see the tabs -

My client even says that they cannot see the tabs in the back end - I have informed them to use chrome and firefox.

atb

This issue has been discussed previously (see: http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=97482.msg323135).
Within that thread 2 suggestions were made, the first being:
To fix it need change in vm2admin.js (in administrator\components\com_virtuemart\assets\js
from      list += '<li style="width:'+tabswidth+'%"><span>'+ $(this).attr('title')+'<span></li>' ;
to      list += '<li style="width:'+tabswidth+'%"><span>'+ $(this).attr('title')+'</span></li>' ;
around Line 14, i.e. simply add a "/" before "span"

This simple addition appears to resolve the tab problem in IE.

However, the 2nd suggestion to "correct look in ie8" has also been tried but it does not appear necessary and also appears to cause issues in other browsers such as Firefox.

So, just try adding the "/" and you may find the tabs will work in IE  - however the full content had always been available by scrolling down the page.

John2400

Thanks,

No neither solution worked - As I said before all other browsers are perfect. It has not affect on the useage by clients.

And scrolling down the screen has no effect on my 80cm screen. I do know what you are talking about but that only happened on some small monitors.

Milbo

Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

slammy

TAKE CARE, THIS IS IMPORTANT: do not save changes on products when product-tabs are missing! You will loose these informations from the missing tabs if you save.