News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

mod_virtuemart_category and template overrides

Started by d0ublezer0, May 16, 2012, 07:32:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

d0ublezer0

mod_virtuemart_category does not uses template overrides, such as alternative templates, defined in \templates\my_template\html\mod_virtuemart_category\ in module settings i see only templates, stored in \modules\mod_virtuemart_category\tmpl\

2.0.7b

d0ublezer0

And another question - it is possible to include all-levels of categories on this modeule? Not only 2nd level?

archos

Maybe I miss something but if you want to override the view concerning the category you have to copy paste and modify the defaul.php file related to the category then place it on your template folder:
your_template\html\com_virtuemart\category

d0ublezer0

patrik60

It works:

\templates\my_template\html\mod_virtuemart_category\...

... = override either all.php, current.php or default.php

It depends of the selection you make in the module.

d0ublezer0

Heh. try to create new template file in this dir?

d0ublezer0

Alternative templates (eg, my_template.php) will appear in your selection list in module backend only if those files are located in the folder:
\modules\mod_virtuemart_category\tmpl\

patrik60

QuoteHeh. try to create new template file in this dir?

Just copy one of the template files from \modules\mod_virtuemart_category\tmpl\ to \templates\my_template\html\mod_virtuemart_category\ and modify it. Then you need to select the modified in the module in the BE.

d0ublezer0

I know about it. However, my post about something else. I was trying to say that the template files, which differ by the names of the files bundled will not be used.