News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

2.0.4 stable tax issue - tax adding to all products when only one selected

Started by John2400, April 12, 2012, 13:23:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

John2400

See post below.

In 2.0.4 - the tax for a single product is adding to all - even when apply no tax is set on any product.

http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=98178.new#new

* it does not do this on one of my sites - just one ?

simbus82

Joomla! 2.5.16 & VM 2.0.24b

John2400

Hi simbus,

I'm updating my apache and PHP software -

To see if it fixes some issues - For me it did not work on any change in the TAX area -
I'll test tomorrow - see what I get - On another site I have - everything in the tax area -
no matter what setting is Ok -

* For me adding tax to Australian goods is easy - "all goods must have the tax already included in the final price"
Thus  - we really don't have to turn it on - we just set a prce and at the end of the month calculate the 10% margain on all goods sold.

So I'll see how it goes -

simbus82

Maybe is a prolb
Quote from: John2400 on April 13, 2012, 11:41:09 AM
Hi simbus,

I'm updating my apache and PHP software -

To see if it fixes some issues - For me it did not work on any change in the TAX area -
I'll test tomorrow - see what I get - On another site I have - everything in the tax area -
no matter what setting is Ok -

* For me adding tax to Australian goods is easy - "all goods must have the tax already included in the final price"
Thus  - we really don't have to turn it on - we just set a prce and at the end of the month calculate the 10% margain on all goods sold.

So I'll see how it goes -

Ok, maybe the fact is that i have added tax with 2.0.2, and now i'm adding disounts with 2.0.4.

Maybe somethings broken in code between 2.0.2 and 2.0.4 ....

John2400

I have updated my site - or actually my provider
was very good and moved my site to a new server to php. 5.3.2 I know not higher but it works.

The tax , increase, decrease , after , before, discount  etc - all work OK for me now-
I made no changes to the core and I only want one price showing Sale price and that is perfect.
My emails also now arrive with - the price and quantities on the one line -

so for now _ 'touch wood" - they are good.

simbus82

Quote from: John2400 on April 14, 2012, 09:21:41 AM
I have updated my site - or actually my provider
was very good and moved my site to a new server to php. 5.3.2 I know not higher but it works.

The tax , increase, decrease , after , before, discount  etc - all work OK for me now-
I made no changes to the core and I only want one price showing Sale price and that is perfect.
My emails also now arrive with - the price and quantities on the one line -

so for now _ 'touch wood" - they are good.

you think it works well because you think this thing is "the right one"

http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=98642.0

QuoteIn VM2 we follow always the rule, that when you do not enter anything specific it is not used.

So when you do not enter a category, the rule is meant for all categories.

For me this is anti-logical, anti-usability, it reverse normal flow of thinking.

When i create a rule, i want to decide where i want to be applied.

For me is a bug, a really bad&big bug, if for you it isn't, no problem... think to it like a feature request :D

I need (and all the people who write of this problem from january) to have a "virgin" product model that have applied only the preferred rules.

John2400

Dear simbus82 ,

I wrote this post - therefore I am saying it is fixed for me.

Your issue - which I cannot see is really bugging you -  * and I think it is important that the Calculation rules are clear and simple.

* Could you give me an example and I'll make a products and then add or subtract the "rule" and see what happens -  I'm willing to push for a change with you if I can see
this issue- 

So tell me the steps and the thought behind it.  and I'll look at the problem.