News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

Plugins in Short Description

Started by conner2k, February 28, 2012, 14:22:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

conner2k

Hi Guys,

as a long time VM 1.x user I know there was the possibility via hack to use plugins (in my case 1 pixelout mp3 player) also in product short descriptions. Actually the hack of course do not work with the new VM2 Version. Can anyone give an advise how to get it work also in VM 2.02 ?

Thanks for your time and of course thanks for the great work on VM 2! You guys rule!

Regards Conner

Milbo

In the short description? Hmmm

you could use a customfield and use template overwrite to set for it an own position.
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

conner2k

Thanks for the reply. I will test it out!

Regards

conner2k

Hi again,

I did test it with several custom fields with different setting but nothing seem to work. So maybe someone else have an idea how to get an audio plugin (pixeloutplayer) to work at the short description as It was possible in vm 1.x....

Regards

jenkinhill

It was only possible to use Joomla plugins in VM1.1 short desc by using a hack. We do not support hacks of the VM2 core. If you want to hack it then go ahead or maybe at sometime in the future someone will sell a plugin to do this.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

conner2k

Hmm ok thanks for the reply. But it´s really a pitty that many things that were possible in 1.x are not supported anymore in 2.x.
So maybe it´s the easiest way just to stay with 1.x

Regards

PS: for all that want using a hacked VM1.9 (they called it 1.2 but it´s to 99% a 1.9) within their Joomla 2.5 installation try these unsupported files (worked fine for me:-)
joomlacode.org/gf/project/vm11j25/frs/