News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

VM Doesnt send confirmation emails

Started by Anypc, February 09, 2012, 12:42:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anypc

Hi All,

I re-installed my complete site and webshop, now running VM 2.0.1e and J2.5.1.

Everything works flawless except for the email of orders.

If I order something in the webshop, I dont recieve any email about it. If I pay the order I get a message from my payment provider telling me it was a succes but I dont get any order information on my business or my private mail adress.

When I finish the payment it gives me this error:

Fatal error: Cannot use object of type stdClass as array in blabla/components/com_virtuemart/helpers/cart.php on line 1058

If I manually change the status of a pending order in the backend of virtuemart, and click 'update' it does send the order changed email to the customer and to the seller.

Ive been googling for a while now but can't seem to figure out where this goes wrong, SMTP settings are good.

Please help?
Prowd owner of webshop:
www.AnY-Computers.nl

Version J2.5.4 with VM 2.0.3E.

Riwess

I have the same error.

Although the bank confirmed a succesfull payment, when I click the link 'back to shop' it ends with 'Fatal error: Cannot use object of type stdClass as array in /public/sites/sitename/components/com_virtuemart/helpers/cart.php on line 1058

The order status should change to Confirmed in backend, but it's still Pending.

Anypc

Indeed, and I never recieve emails for the order in the first place, so I never know if an order has been placed :(

Anyone know how to fix this?

Anyone?  ::)
Prowd owner of webshop:
www.AnY-Computers.nl

David-Andrew

Seems to be a bug maybe, as some people do get the mails some dont. Did you check the spam folder? Or try another shop email like a gmail or similair address to test it. Otherwise update to 2.0.1 (see development forum)
iDEAL for Virtuemart 3
http://www.chillcreations.com/joomla-extensions/ccideal-platform-ideal-for-joomla

Also supports Rabo OmniKassa and other payment providers, and older Virtuemart versions!

Anypc

Hi, thanx for the reply,

I use a gmail account as being the customer and my own info@domain.nl as the seller. They both get nothing.
Also, I do get them if I change the status of the order, so it's not the sending or recieving that's an issue, its the command to start sending or something.

Like I said in my first post, I already have VM 2.0.1e installed...
Prowd owner of webshop:
www.AnY-Computers.nl

Anypc

Hi again,

I was thinking it had something to do with the configuration rather than it having to do with a bug since not everybody had this issue so I tried something.

I backed-up the database and went to the backend of VM. Here I used the tools - reset system values.
I made a simple paypal payment method and simple shipping method to test the buy.

It works! I recieved the mail when I placed the order.

To anyone who has this problem, first try this! :)

Be sure to remember your settings, the reset system values sets everything back to default, you WILL keep the products, category and media only the configuration, shipping and payment options are altered.
Prowd owner of webshop:
www.AnY-Computers.nl

alatak

Hi,

QuoteFatal error: Cannot use object of type stdClass as array in blabla/components/com_virtuemart/helpers/cart.php on line 1058
huummm...
Do you have all the stack???

QuoteIf I manually change the status of a pending order in the backend of virtuemart, and click 'update' it does send the order changed email to the customer and to the seller.
When changing manually, the emails are not sent. Because they are supposed to be sent before.
The problem is the fatal error.

QuoteIt works! I recieved the mail when I placed the order.
great :)

Anypc

I'm afraid I was a bit to early with my happiness...

I entered all the configuration back the way they should be. But when I place an order and I use paypal for payment (sandbox mode) It gives me:
Info: VMPAYMENT_PAYPAL_MERCHANT_EMAIL_NOT_SET

Im pretty desperate now :(

Prowd owner of webshop:
www.AnY-Computers.nl

alatak

Hi,

Can you please provide a screen shot of the Paypal configuration page.

Anypc

Eehm, sure but it doesnt show anything else.

I order, confirm order and select paypal as a payment option. Then I click next and get this error:

[attachment cleanup by admin]
Prowd owner of webshop:
www.AnY-Computers.nl

alatak

Hi,

I meant the paypal configuration page. Because the error message says that you have not configurated Paypal's email address

Anypc

Oeh sorry, you said configuration,

Well, I just realised that it was in sandbox mode, it works fine in real mode.

In sandbox mode it doesn't need an emailadress right? Well, not really important, the problem persists.

The problem is still that it wont send any confirmation messages. Not when I order and not when someone else orders :(

Prowd owner of webshop:
www.AnY-Computers.nl

Anypc

Oke, in a nutshell my problems:

1) Customer places order: Normally he and I recieve an email with the order-information. -> This doesnt happen, neither one of us recieves anything. But if I change orderstatus in backend from pending to cancelled we both DO recieve an email.

2) Paying with a plugin for iDEAL (dutch payment system) Paying works, I recieve email from payment provider no problem. -> But! I get an error message when i'm being redirected to my webshop This is the error:
Fatal error: Cannot use object of type stdClass as array in /home/me/domains/URL/public_html/components/com_virtuemart/helpers/cart.php on line 1058
It also doesn't tell VM that the payment was succesfull, so the order is not processed correctly

3) The order itselve: I order a USB Stick in my webshop, when I look at the backend it gives the attached file... The USB stick appears in the order 3 times, then it gives the shipping, the payment and the total amount.
It only counts the stick once, but it shows up in the order 3 times? Weird! How to clean this up?

4) Oeh, I just found something else that doesnt work yet, in the frontend, all articles have the standard 19%tax rate shown, but in the order in the backend (as can be viewed in screenshot) it doesn't take tax into the total sum of the order. :(

Woops, must attach file.. so here it is

[attachment cleanup by admin]
Prowd owner of webshop:
www.AnY-Computers.nl

alatak

Hi,

QuoteIn sandbox mode it doesn't need an emailadress right? Well, not really important, the problem persists.
No, the Paypal sandbox also requires an email address. It is not very complicated to have one. You just need to go on the developer paypal website, and create an a merchant account there

Quote1) Customer places order: Normally he and I recieve an email with the order-information. -> This doesnt happen, neither one of us recieves anything. But if I change orderstatus in backend from pending to cancelled we both DO recieve an email.
If you are using Payapl, the order confirmation email is only sent when the shopper has actually paid. Not before.

Quote3) The order itselve: I order a USB Stick in my webshop, when I look at the backend it gives the attached file... The USB stick appears in the order 3 times, then it gives the shipping, the payment and the total amount.
It only counts the stick once, but it shows up in the order 3 times? Weird! How to clean this up?
I guess that this product was in 3 different categories. Is it correct? If it is the reason, then we found our bug, and have solved it.

alatak

Hi,

Quote4) Oeh, I just found something else that doesnt work yet, in the frontend, all articles have the standard 19%tax rate shown, but in the order in the backend (as can be viewed in screenshot) it doesn't take tax into the total sum of the order.
Ok, i will check that.