Main Menu

error installing Virtuemart

Started by raunhar, February 09, 2012, 07:47:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

raunhar

Joomla Version 2.5.1
VM version 2.0
MySQL version 5.1

While trying to install VM 2 on a new joomla installtion i get the following error page:
Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/novel/public_html/25/libraries/joomla/database/database/mysql.php on line 377

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/novel/public_html/25/libraries/joomla/database/database/mysql.php on line 377

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/novel/public_html/25/libraries/joomla/database/table.php on line 406

Warning: in_array() [function.in-array]: Wrong datatype for second argument in /home/novel/public_html/25/tmp/install_4f33641223e92/install/script.virtuemart.php on line 348
VmConfig::installVMConfig: COM_VIRTUEMART_SQL_ERROR DB function failed with error number 2006

The complete error page is attached.

[attachment cleanup by admin]

jenkinhill

Try updating PHP to 5.24 at least.  Is PHP 5.2 or better?  http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=96945.0
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

digitalrain

I ran into this problem - and I have the required PHP and mySQL versions. I tried installing the tar.gz.
It didn't work. I tried extracting to my /tmp folder and installing from there. It kind of worked but would
not create the Admin menu.

FINALLY I extracted the files on my local machine and re-saved them as a .zip file (as opposed to the
original .tar.gz) and tried the extension installer again. It worked like a charm.

Don't know why, and I don't really care. I'm just glad I got the thing working :)

Sunglasses-Joe

;D
This worked for me a well !  Thanks,
Does not appear in Components menu though  !
Any Ideas ?
The Glasses Center Group

http://www.sunglassescenter.co.uk/

jenkinhill

Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum