News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

Challenge with VM stylesheet

Started by dwlamb, February 04, 2012, 20:06:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dwlamb

Pardon me if this is in the wrong forum.  It's related to VirtueMart indirectly.

I am modifying a site for a client and copied the site from its usual domain host to a development host I use.  Both of these are separate hosting companies.  I used Akeeba to back-up the site from the usual domain host and restore to the development host.

The site uses a template for VirtueMart provided by LineLab.org.  One of the css files is a php file called colorstyle.php for it utilises some variables of color codes handed to the system from the template manager page.  For some reason, this file is not executing on the development host site.  This was diagnosed by loading the sites from the two different hosts in separate browsers and inspecting certain key areas with Firebug.

I've modified the permissions for colorstyle.php right up to 777 and it still won't load.  Yet, it will on a local development linux box on my desk and the client's server.  I need it to work on development host.

jenkinhill

Check with the template developer. You should never need 777, as you probably know.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

Merry

Yes, check with the template developer. I've seen plenty of templates that have coding errors, they usually fix them cheerfully.

This topic is slightly mislabeled since it is a template stylesheet issue and not the VM stylesheet.

Merry

Answer is probably from my VirtueMart 2 User Manual ebook, includes FREE updates. FREE Admin Menu Cheatsheet, Quick Install Guide & 30-Minute Quick Setup Guide http://showmeguides.com/