News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

New pre subrelease VirtueMart 2.0.1 H

Started by Milbo, January 24, 2012, 22:44:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milbo

Update: People who use this updater and use mysql 5.1 or lower may get in trouble. The updater is recreating a primary key. It seems that older mysql versions have trouble with it. But please if you have a mysql lower than 5.2, then please try it with a copy, so that we can investigate further.

This is a new pre subrelease VirtueMart 2.0.1 compatible to j1.5 and j1.7, maybe j2.5

Before you test it. Work at best with a copy of your system first and never with your live system. This is very important, we do this release first in the forum, because there are really a lot of different systems outside. The installer worked fine for most of the crew, but on one system it did not work. Be aware that the 2.0.1 version is only an updater for 2.0.0, when you have an other version, then please look here http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=96941.msg318963#msg318963

Do NOT use the built-in ars updater,.. it will downgrade your version to 2.0.0 again, because the 2.0.1 is not official.

Except that the stockable variants are still not working we are quite confident now.

Update H:
Various little fixes

Update F:
a lot small bug fixes, written in the forum

Update E:
- Cloning of products, clones now also the customs.
- Enhanced accountmaintance.
- ... and more

Update D:
- fixed the bug with order creation not allowed
- various small fixes
- added languages to aio

Update c:
AIO has now
new payment plugins
- payzen
- authorize.net
and PDF support

- ordering for payment/shipment method display in checkout fixed
- some j2.5 blockers,
- faster media synchronisation
- some fixes in the migrator
- fix products not listed in joomla menu edit, when product details layout is selected
- fix stockupdate customfields
- other fixes in customfields
- non vendors now stored with vendorid= 0
- small typos here and there

Update b:
- Mainly emails
- calculation rules get stored in order
- search query
- aio, config should not been overwritten.

Update:
- fix for order list
- emails a bit fixed (BT address)
- fixed router (checkout, edit address cart)

Fixes, improvments, enhancments:
- updated language, minor language fixes, removed unused keys, other expressions
- more multibyte handling
- fixed slug generation
- sef links
- new router file
- some js fixes
- some template stuff
- fix for limit "all" in category
- Fix for passed variable is not an array vmcustomplugin
- new getModel method to avoid not reproduceable bugs
- Deletion of data, handling data
- some more triggers (plgVmOnAddToCart)
- some performance tweaks
- customisable positions for customfields in the productdetails/tmpl/default.php
- media is now handling downloadables ( free download) and also files for sale in another directory then joomla, but uses thumbs in the joomla directory. This is extendable by a plugin. We are in the last testphase of it.
- tooltip for filter in mediahandler
- medias get actually unpublished now (Check first if your media is published, before thinking that all images are deleted)
- vendor view added, extended with layout for tos, about and contact, there is also now a legal info for extra information.
- added register layout in user view
- minors in shipment and payment methods
- corrected error that prevent other administrators in j1.7 to act as the mainvendor.
- fixed price override display for anonymous
..... some small enhancments, fixes and bugs mainly written in the forum.

updated: http://dev.virtuemart.net/attachments/download/384/com_virtuemart.2.0.1.h_extract_first.zip
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

dorianski2727

dorianski2727

This is the pre release though.  When i installed it, it said there is a newer version available.  I let it update and still same problem.

Milbo

Do not use the built in ars update of course, because then you actually downgrade again.
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

design609

Thanks  :)
Dev team for your great efforts.

Will test it out.
Cheers

Allan Koburg Frederiksen

Hi

I have a small question hope this is the right spot to ask this. is vm2 compatible with the new J 2.5 ?
j 2.5 are now official released

JohnnyC

I would like to suggest a few things for the newer versions/updates.

• As we have already discussed, the VM user registration (with all necessary profile information) in a login/create account module, like Joomla's. Currently a user can register through Joomla login module but except the username, password and email, no other information are used by VM. So, a unique registration module is needed
  • The ability to add custom field at checkout. For example in my shop, according to my country's rules, someone should be able to choose between invoice or simple receipt, and in case of invoice should register the job and VAT number, that are shopper fields
  • More payment methods. Except Paypal and a Standard method that are built in VM2, there should be more methods like direct bank debit or credit card bank debit or just an html to write anything (like collect on delivery that in my case is needed)...
  • Extra payment and shippment information (from the field VMPAYMENT_STANDARD_PAYMENT_INFO_TEXT) to be displayed somewhere (during checkout and/or in the email). I needed to set a direct bank debit, giving some bank accounts that I wrote in the field, but they were nowhere displayed...

I believe these are very usefull functions for everyone...
Thanks

Milbo

prombez

- some more triggers (plgVmOnAddToCart)

Has the problem of the disabled plugin events been solved?
the events are folowing: onUpdateOrder
plgVmOnEditOrderLineBE
plgVmOnShowOrderLineFE
and etc

beipink

@Milbo,
Hi Max,
is there any changelog for this update.
I have taken advantage of the override to customize my  template and i need to check and change those files in the view folders  manually 1 by 1.

Thanks

Milbo

You mean something like the vmpagination problem last time? Hmm, I cant remember something like this.

John2400

JohnnyC - well done - On the invoices or receipts - there needs to be a place (special for the company ABN - or what we call the business number). I can put it on the logo of the company at the moment and the customer will get a copy there but for australias there always needs to be a places for compant numbers or invoice numbers for orders - Love those suggestions you have put forward.
* on VM one theer was a place We put these as it hada small script place you could add a few extra text words that went on invoices.
Please don't write and tell me I can add then here or there -
I will find away around this but I like JonnyC's suggestions.

JohnnyC

Thanks, for me that I am very new at VM and php it is difficult to make the modifications on my own, so I suggested some things that I need for my shop, expecting any ideas instantly or in a newer version or update. Especially the invoice choice is needed in my country (Greece) too... At the Greek VM forum there has been a remarkable effort that worked on previous versions of VM, but not VM2. This is something new...

Milbo

Quote from: JohnnyC on January 25, 2012, 10:35:56 AM
As we have already discussed, the VM user registration (with all necessary profile information) in a login/create account module, like Joomla's. Currently a user can register through Joomla login module but except the username, password and email, no other information are used by VM. So, a unique registration module is needed
no, not really. There is now a lightweight user maintance.

Quote from: JohnnyC on January 25, 2012, 10:35:56 AMThe ability to add custom field at checkout. For example in my shop, according to my country's rules, someone should be able to choose between invoice or simple receipt, and in case of invoice should register the job and VAT number, that are shopper fields
This is there since beginning and called shopperfields.

Quote from: JohnnyC on January 25, 2012, 10:35:56 AM
More payment methods. Except Paypal and a Standard method that are built in VM2, there should be more methods like direct bank debit or credit card bank debit or just an html to write anything (like collect on delivery that in my case is needed)...
As you said, this are plugins. Rome was also not built at one day. There are a lot plugins in development and a lot are almost ready or ready like authorise.net, payzen, ideal and a lot more (russians).

Quote from: JohnnyC on January 25, 2012, 10:35:56 AMExtra payment and shippment information (from the field VMPAYMENT_STANDARD_PAYMENT_INFO_TEXT) to be displayed somewhere (during checkout and/or in the email). I needed to set a direct bank debit, giving some bank accounts that I wrote in the field, but they were nowhere displayed...
This is done in the paymentplugin, they can handle that themselves.

Quote from: John2400 on January 25, 2012, 13:08:48 PM
JohnnyC - well done - On the invoices or receipts - there needs to be a place (special for the company ABN - or what we call the business number). I can put it on the logo of the company at the moment and the customer will get a copy there but for australias there always needs to be a places for compant numbers or invoice numbers for orders -
This is already added in vm2.0.1. We call it legal_info. It is also translatable. Enter it and play with the vendor about layout, the mails and the order print view to see the effect.