News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

New pre subrelease VirtueMart 2.0.1 H

Started by Milbo, January 24, 2012, 22:44:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Studio 42

Sorry for no response,
but you simply add it in custom fields in product editing.
As you can add related categories same way.

simple type your product name to add as related in the second search box

The related product was never removed only handled a little different way.

lipes

Hi. Humm.. what do you mean about "image action upload" ?
I upload the image from the normal process like everyone do (i believe that...)
When i firstly open the "upload" button (to choose the image file), I click in some image 1x and then the bottom to send, or click 2x in the image (quick process that i did in the video). I also see and checked if that image was selected in the description (and it was like you see in video) with the correct name in bottom description..., I've also click "save e close"... And puff.. no image!
Is there any way to upload the images that i cant see o_O ?!

I've upload some images and the problem persists.. ... did you see that every new product changes the sku's name's G01, G.... G.etc..? the price is also incorrect!!... when we select and upload another pict different from what we've selected it goes on same way.. this is very strange for me :S
it could be a problem from AMPPS localhost? :|
i dont know what to say more... i've done 4 instalations until now with 2.0.1.. :/   
VM V. online: J2.5.14 | VM 2.0.20a | SQL 5.1.70 | PHP 5.3.25

bunglehaze

Quote from: Milbo on January 25, 2012, 18:44:57 PM
Quote from: bunglehaze on January 25, 2012, 16:25:05 PM
Just uninstalled 2.0.1 and re-installed 2.0.0 and I get : Info: compareUpdateTable not finished, please rise execution time and update tables again

means just use the table updater again. http://dev.virtuemart.net/projects/virtuemart/wiki/Tools. I would not use vm2.0.0, please use 2.0.1.

Milbo, VM 2.0.1 will not install as in my post earlier which says.

Quote from: bunglehaze on January 25, 2012, 15:26:46 PM
Installing this via J Installer fails, after this I can no longer access the Virtuemart Component via the admin menu

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 33554432 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 261900 bytes) in /var/www/vhosts/******/httpdocs/libraries/joomla/database/database.php on line 503

That is with both a 30M and 60000 and a 60M and 120000 execution time set in .htaccess

I have actually set higher numbers in my php.ini and my.cnf so the configuration of the server should not be causing this, every time I try to install using the J installer I get a similar error message but sometimes with different php files mentioned.

Also the uninstallation and reinstallation of 2.0.0 seemed to have sorted out the ongoing issue I had with not receiving admin order confirmations as they started coming through just fine for the remainder of yesterday, today however they have stopped coming again - VERY frustrating.

What I REALLY want to know is how to migrate/export my users, categories and products from this VM2 installation in order to start completely from scratch with 2.0.1 - any suggestions?

ADDED

After performing the db tables update I have been able to install 2.0.1 with no errors - could something within 2.0.0 have been blocking or looping the installation?

Milbo

Quote from: prolipes on January 26, 2012, 15:39:34 PM
Hi. Humm.. what do you mean about "image action upload" ?
Is there any way to upload the images that i cant see o_O ?!
images is attached

Quote from: prolipes on January 26, 2012, 15:39:34 PM
I've upload some images and the problem persists.. ... did you see that every new product changes the sku's name's G01, G.... G.etc..? the price is also incorrect!!... when we select and upload another pict different from what we've selected it goes on same way.. this is very strange for me :S
it could be a problem from AMPPS localhost? :|
i dont know what to say more... i've done 4 instalations until now with 2.0.1.. :/   
I think the last problem arises, when you used a vm2.0.0 and deleted often products. One of hte main bugs in 2.0.0 from my point is that it deleted some stuff not correctly. So maybe you have some rests of it in the db. This would explain the change of the prices. But this can only happen for new products. I add a cleaner, so this should not happen.

Be aware. Uninstalling virtuemart and reinstalling is NOT clean. The tables persists. It is cleaner to use the tools! http://dev.virtuemart.net/projects/virtuemart/wiki/Tools

Quote from: bunglehaze on January 26, 2012, 15:45:47 PM
Milbo, VM 2.0.1 will not install as in my post earlier which says.

Quote from: bunglehaze on January 25, 2012, 15:26:46 PM
Installing this via J Installer fails, after this I can no longer access the Virtuemart Component via the admin menu

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 33554432 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 261900 bytes) in /var/www/vhosts/******/httpdocs/libraries/joomla/database/database.php on line 503

That is with both a 30M and 60000 and a 60M and 120000 execution time set in .htaccess
Yes, we have the same problem with another server and we are not able to enter the com_virtuemart anymore (stated in the first post). It is still in this state, because we want to find out the reason for it. I set my mb limit to 20MB and it installs and updates, so it cant be the memory.

What I REALLY want to know is how to migrate/export my users, categories and products from this VM2 installation in order to start completely from scratch with 2.0.1 - any suggestions?
There are no changes there,.. .the changes quite small, you could do them manually. But I would use the tools. It is strange that people do not believe, but it is cleaner to use the tools. You can always update vm by just uploading the files per ftp and use the table updater.

After performing the db tables update I have been able to install 2.0.1 with no errors - could something within 2.0.0 have been blocking or looping the installation?
This is very interesting. You did a table update of vm2.0.0 with the files of vm2.0.1 and it worked? But it did not work to use the joomla installer? Hmmm.

[attachment cleanup by admin]
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

lipes

ok, thanks Milbo.
I'll try again and use the tools to clean.. i'll also try to check the DB in mysql.. i dont know want tables i'll have to search but i will check one by one

bunglehaze

This is very interesting. You did a table update of vm2.0.0 with the files of vm2.0.1 and it worked? But it did not work to use the joomla installer? Hmmm.
[/quote]

Because the installation of 2.0.1 failed I tried to re-install 2.0.0 which threw up the update tables error message as well as error building admin menu, all I have done since then was manually deleted the entry in the db for VM in menu's and assets, used the toold update tables and reinstalled VM 2.0.0 again using the J Installer - no errors on that occasion and admin menu also updated correctly.

Then I went into the J Installer again and installed the 2.0.1 component package which worked with no errors again, AIO install followed.

Now I just have to test my site to see if the admin order confirmations are being sent or not which is my main issue that need addressing, my threads on this issue are not being responded to though.

lipes

bunglehaze: i've done my 5th test ... now i try with J2.5 and it seems that some of that problems go away... But another problems persist like you'll see..
Check my last post here (explained step by step in what i've did):
http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=97077.0

bunglehaze

Prolipes, I cannot explain why you are having those problems, were you clicking the upload tickbox in the images tab as Milbo stated you were not during the video you posted.

nflmerch

I think I have a similar problem to Prolipes? the image problem
  http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=96952
And yes I click the upload tickbox. 

lipes

bunglehaze: Yep i've cliked in the upload box.. but doesnt upload the image.  And for your situation did you test / check with the Joomla 2.5 + VM 2 to see if you got the same memory problems? If you dont try to install in your host a clean J2.5 + VM2.0.1 and see if you got again (hope you not have the same problem) ... then i can do a migration by "hand" of the tables for your old VM.. Maybe its a problem with VM2 + J1.7.3 ...

nflmerch: Global Moderator jenkinhill.. said to me in other post that the VM2.0.1 isnt yet prepared to works in J2.5 .. we only got an evolution in the "next couple of weeks"... But what i saw is J2.5 + VM2.x works better with less problems.... the image upload its a real problem in all J + VM versions..

bunglehaze

@Prolipes, my memory problem went away after using tools to clean the db and sort out any table changes that needed doing, for now I do not intend to upgrade to J2.5 until I know all of the annoying issues I have with VM2 are sorted out and the initial bugs are fixed in J2.5 too - early adoption of both 'new' systems is not a wise idea if you hope for a stable platform TBH.

I have not experienced any image upload problems myself, as I mentioned previously i do find the none - upload - replace - thumb options a little counter intuitive in the backend though

JohnnyC

Quoting all of the above as conclusion (about VM2.0.1 installation using Joomla 1.7.3):

My VM2.0.0 "doesn't see" the new version 2.0.1 for update. It says that I have the latest version 2.0.0. Same situation at AIO. Neither when I refresh the update information...
So, what's the best way : to make the installation through Joomla installer, over the VM2.0.0 or remove the old installation first? I'd like not to lose my data or VM modules names and positions. Has anybody tried the first one? Is there something that  I should pay attention?

Twix

Indeed it doesn't see the update, I think bec ause its not officially launched.
First make a backup, especially if you're unsure! I've installed it over the old version. I think that's the correct way.
BTW uninstalling VM2.0 does leave your dB tables in tact, quite sure about that. But always BACKUP.  ;)

ps I'm not a VM developer.

ktata57

I tried to install com_virtuemart.2.0.1_extract_first.zip by downloading and installing from extension manager. I am getting error: JInstaller: :Install: Cannot find XML setup file. In updates I do not see any update for virtuemart. So how to upgrade/install 2.0.1?. I tried both on a dummy site as well as my working site.

Currently using com_virtuemart 2.0.0 on Joomla 1.7.3

Twix

It is named extract_first for a reason  ;) First extract the package.