News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Shop > Shop > Additional Information ?

Started by jeorcal, January 22, 2012, 05:06:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jeorcal

in admin > Shop > Shop > I get 2 tabs :  Additional Information and General User Information , but they are customers tabs not Shop tabs
where is the shop configuration ?  is it a bug ?

thank you

jenkinhill

You should have 3 tabs.  Vendor / Additional Information / General User Information. They are Vendor (shop) information tabs, the information tab allows entry of shop address for legal reasons and for shipping costs to be determined and the Joomla user info is copied to the user info tab so it can be edited if necessary without leaving VM.

Shop description and TOS are entered/edited on the vendor tab. 

The vendor should have been installed with the VM sample data.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

jeorcal

I have not installed the VM sample datas , I dont want to install it

I am not the only one to have that problem > http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=96676.0

Vendor / Additional Information / General User Information  are not in the shop menu, it is not working

thank you

jenkinhill

Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

jeorcal

PRO

John2400

I think I solved this issue for me. ??
I can understand the logic behind it should not be like this.

* When I build joomla - and then added Virtuemart , My log-in was like everyone else does it was just a joomla login and I presumed that Virtuemart as stated elsewhere would recognise me.

This is not so- I suggest everyone go to Virtuemart, go to Shop>>additional information>> and fill this in correctly ensuring that you the vendorhave placed the information in correctly.

save save save and it all worked well - Make sure you make yourself admin. All the TABs came back.

* The shop runs about 80% correctly without it an thus it would not appear to be an issue.
* Doing this solved - orders, emails, inventory, and attributes for me.

jeorcal