News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

No Image Popup in VM2?

Started by Gary, January 21, 2012, 14:27:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gary

Hi all,

Is there no lightbox or similar built into VM2?  I cant seem to find it?

Am I right in thinking that in order to get a popup or IDEALLY a zoom feature then I need to purchase a commercial plugin?

Many Thanks

Gary

jenkinhill

JQuery driven Modal is already included to do this. If it does not work on your site check the template/menu for JavaScript conflicts, http://dev.virtuemart.net/projects/virtuemart/wiki/General_JS-Problems_with_templates_and_jQuery
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

Gary

Thanks for your reply, the pop is working on the category page but not the product page, is there something I need do put into a template file?

Robbyrob

Quote from: Gary on January 21, 2012, 14:52:29 PM
Thanks for your reply, the pop is working on the category page but not the product page, is there something I need do put into a template file?

Same thing here. The category thumbs pop up in a lightbox just fine, but on the product details page the image neither pops up or opens in a new page. When I roll over the photo there is no link.

Is there a fix for this?

Margriet

If you have the latest version you will notice a small thumb under your product image. That should popup. I really don't like the way this works, especcially when you have only one product image. So maybe developers could have a look at it and change is so that big images generates a popup. This is very confusing now.

And I discovered that clicking on the thumbnail makes the entire site move slightly. Default 2.5.1, default VM 2.0.1f and sample data.