News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

Viewing the Purchase History

Started by repobounty, January 20, 2012, 23:09:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

repobounty

Where can a customer review their order history when they return to the site after purchasing the product? is this something I have to enable or is it already there and I'm just missing it?

Thanks

numinousmedia

It's not necessarily intuitive, but fortunately, it's not too hard to get this one to work correctly.

Here's how to give users access to their order history in Virtuemart:

1. Log in to the backend of Joomla.
2. Go to your menu of choice.
3. Create a new menu item.
4. Select "Virtuemart".
5. Give your menu item a name (like "Order History").
6. On the right hand side, click the "Parameters(Component)" dropdown slider.
7. The last entry says, "Page". In this space, enter: account.index
8. Save your menu item... and you should be good to go. Your customers should be able to view their purchase history, along with lots of other information about their account.

I hope this helps!

---
Web and Graphic Design
Numinous Productions
www.numinousmedia.com

KLH

That would have worked in Virtuemart 1, but Virtuemart 2 has a completely different way of doing things.

There is no longer an account maintenance page that pulls together account information and order history like that which was available in previous versions. Each of these things can be accessed independently, however, by creating links to index.php?option=com_virtuemart&view=user&layout=edit (for authentication, billing and shipping information) or index.php?option=com_virtuemart&view=orders&layout=list (for order history.)

ivus

Hi guys,

@KLH is quite right  ;D... then wrong  :-[.

That would have worked in Virtuemart 1, but Virtuemart 2 has a completely different way of doing things. - CORRECT

There is no longer an account maintenance page that pulls together account information and order history like that which was available in previous versions. Each of these things can be accessed independently, however, by creating links to index.php?option=com_virtuemart&view=user&layout=edit (for authentication, billing and shipping information) or index.php?option=com_virtuemart&view=orders&layout=list (for order history.) - INCORRECT

See attached picture... definitely available in VM2.0.8e

[attachment cleanup by admin]

ivus

@repobounty,

I forgot to answer your question... when you set up a new menu item, be sure to select the LIST ORDER as your menu type.

See attached picture... definitely available in VM2.0.8e

[attachment cleanup by admin]

Pulsator

What e-commerce system doesn't have a unified user login experience? ahh, this one.

Wish I had realised before I started to this as the code alone is a nightmare - have you looked at the css files???

WebStuff

You can add an "Acount Maintenance" link to the Login form like so:
1/. Navigate to [YOUR_SITE_ROOT]/modules/mod_login/tmpl
2/. Copy the the file default.php
3/. Navigate to [YOUR_SITE_ROOT]/templates/[YOUR_TEMPLATE]/html (if html doesn't exist just create it and set permissions)
4/. Create a folder called mod_login
5/. Set any permissions for the folder so it is readable by the web user.
6/. Paste the default.php here and (set it's permissions too).
7/. Open the file and add the following code to it where you would like it to appear:
<div>
<a href="<?php echo JRoute::_('index.php?option=com_virtuemart&view=user&layout=edit'); ?>">
<?php echo JText::_('Account Maintenance'); ?></a>
</div>

It must be in the <form> at the top denoted by:<?php if ($type == 'logout') : ?>
Otherwise it will appear before anyone has logged in.

If you also want a "Order History" link then you can add this (though there is a view order link on the account maintenance page) :
<div>
<a href="<?php echo JRoute::_('index.php?option=com_virtuemart&view=orders&layout=list'); ?>">
<?php echo JText::_('Account Maintenance'); ?></a>
</div>

Hope this helps.