News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

How to make VM2 multilingual?

Started by janvankuijk, December 29, 2011, 00:26:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

janvankuijk

I want to create a shop in Dutch and English in Joomla 1.7 and VM2.0.

How can I enter categories and products in another language than dutch?

The whole site is already in English and Dutch.

Thanks in advance!

Jan

alatak

Hi,

Go in the VirtueMart > Configuration > Shop, and select your languages  in Multilingual shop parameter.
Then go in your products, there will be a select list for all the languages.

mansonul

Hi,

When I do that it`s only showing English (United Kingdom) although j! 1.7.3 default language is romanian

janvankuijk

You're great!

Thanks for your help.

Jan

janvankuijk

Extra question:
Is it possible to make associations? Like in the Joomla 1.7 menu's between the languages.

Jan

spacialek

Quote from: janvankuijk on December 29, 2011, 22:26:50 PM
Is it possible to make associations? Like in the Joomla 1.7 menu's between the languages.

I don't know if it applies to joomla 1.7 (probably the same thing), but I discovered that for the association to occur in Joomla 1.5/VM2, the alias field (slug) must be the same for both languages.

alatak

Hi,

QuoteI don't know if it applies to joomla 1.7 (probably the same thing)
In joomla 1.7, you have to make the association via the menu.

I does not make sense to to do an association via the slug, since the slug is used for rewritting, and in most cases you want the slug to be translated too.

spacialek

Yes absolutely, sorry about that  :-[
I realize now that this solution doesn't work either on Joomla 1.5.
It was the only solution I found to associate the menus... I'll start a new thread cause I really don't get how to manage the translations in Joomla 1.5 + VM, cause I get database errors when using Joomfish contentelements provided with VM2 and the VM2 language manager doesn't work well either..

enoon

Hello,

Unfortunately I have the same issue as mansonul. I have in the configuration of VM only the ENglish language. Does anyone has any ideea why this is happening.
Can someone confirm that it has a complete list of languages?

VM 1.7.3 + VM2

Cheers.

Zuske

hi enoon,

I have got dutch, english and italian installed in the joomla language manager for both site as admin. In virtuemart multilangual opties, they do show up. So i can confirm it works. Maybe something wrong with the language files u installed?

joomla 1.7.3 with vm 2.0(stable)