News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

upgrade from 1.9.8 M to 2.0 now shop empty

Started by ronin75, December 27, 2011, 10:19:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ronin75

hi
i have just upgraded from 1.9.8 M to 2.0 via the component. i have upgraded the AIO as well. my entire shop, products and categories has disappeared! could someone please help? i am using joomla 1.7.3.

AmStaF

Please specify: is it about front-end or back-end?

PRO

ronin75

both front end and back end. i selected multilanguage? is that what you referring to?

PRO

go to database tools and "install or update tables"

ronin75

just did that, still nothing. tried to download the installation files but for some reason the link is dead? http://dev.virtuemart.net/projects/virtuemart/files

PRO

You do not see products and categories NOT in your language.

This is not an installation problem.

Are the products in the same as the default language?
When you save a product, it should appear right?

ronin75

all my products and categories are in the same language. i do not have any products in a different language. the shop was working fine until i did the upgrade. now there are no products and no categories...

ronin75

hi
just followed the steps listed in the link you posted. still i have no products or categories.... for some reason i still cannot download a new version of virtuemart. the link http://dev.virtuemart.net/attachments/download/370/com_virtuemart.2.0.0_extract_first.zip seems to be dead. could it be that when i tried to do the update it somehow did not pull down the entire component update?

PRO

ronin75

redownloaded both the AIO and main component. i updated the modules and plugins manually but still nothing?

PRO

ronin75

send me your login details via pm. This is going to be something small.,

PRO

look in your database for these

attached. all the products in the products table, should also be in the products_en_gb   table.

[attachment cleanup by admin]

PRO

also, if you are not going to use more than one language you dont have to check english in vmart admin.

Run the migrator and see what happens.

RUN a backup first