News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

upgrade from 1.9.8 M to 2.0 now shop empty

Started by ronin75, December 27, 2011, 10:19:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

atedder

Quote from: Milbo on December 29, 2011, 16:19:42 PM
This cant work.

Why you do not use the instructions? Here http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=94183.0

You should NOT export the tables and then re import them.

Just go in the joomla installation, and install vm2 over the old one, do NOT uninstall vm2, do NOT delete tables and so on.

Milbo, I can't install vm2 over vm1.9.8g, it starts the process then goes to a white screen and freezes up. I've tried it through the VM component upgrade button and through Joomla's installer and get the same results. I tried the steps you listed in the link above but I still get the same problem. The ONLY way I've been able to get a successful upgrade from 1.9.8G to 2.0 is to completely remove the VM tables first. I can send you a Dropbox link to my Akeeba backup so you can see the issue (but it's 1.5GB) How else can this be done? I can't go from 1.9.8g to anything else without removing my tables first, so is there a script or something I can run which will put my products back in, other than the way I'm doing it now?

PRO

Quote from: ronin75 on December 29, 2011, 18:47:55 PM
this was an upgrade.

BUT, was it an upgrade AFTER you migrated 1.1 products? or did you start from 2.0 scratch?

ronin75

BanquetTables.Pro, i started the shop in 1.9.8H then upgraded through the releases - last version was 1.9.8M. then i did the automatic upgrade from the backend 1.9.8M to 2.0.0 which led my current predicament. following  the advice so far i have :
looked at the virtuemart_products table and found all my data there
looked at virtuemart_products_en_gb table and found only 7 rows there with standard fields in it.
enabled the multi-language checkbox, selected "enable data update tools" and tried an "install tables and if necessary update them" - no result
tried migrating, increase max-execution time - no result
tried installing over current installation then "install tables and if necessary update them" - no result

i'm at my wits end...

atedder

Ok, I've followed all of my previous steps (removing tables to do the upgrade, etc.) but this time I completely uninstalled both Akeeba and VM first. Then I did a VM2 install (component and aio), then imported my tables back to the DB, then added the fields from my 'virtuemart_products' table into my 'virtuemart_products_en_gb' table, (which put them back into my front-end but not my back-end) then clicked on the 'Synchronize Media' button and finally the 'Renew Config by File' button and IT WORKED!!!!! My products are now visible in the front-end as well!!

The only issues are:
  1. VM does not appear in the backend menu under components, I have to type in the url manually to get to the VM component.
  2. I can't access the Shipping menu. When I click on it, I get the following error: Fatal Error in maincontroller admin.virtuemart.php: Couldnt find file shippingcarrier
         It also does not appear properly in the menu. Instead of displaying the icon and normal text, it  displays COM_VIRTUEMART_SHIPPINGCARRIEER_S (as pictured in the attachement)
  3. I can't access the Credit Card menu. When I click on it, I get the following error: Fatal Error in maincontroller admin.virtuemart.php: Couldnt find file creditcard
         It also does not appear properly in the menu. Instead of displaying the icon and normal text, it  displays COM_VIRTUEMART_CREDIT_CARD_S (as pictured in the attachement)

Do you know how I can fix these last three issues?

[attachment cleanup by admin]

atedder

I just found one more issue: Under the Vendor page, if I make changes to the Terms of Service, the changes go away after I click Save and it reverts to the previous state.

PRO

Quote from: atedder on December 29, 2011, 20:29:39 PM
I just found one more issue: Under the Vendor page, if I make changes to the Terms of Service, the changes go away after I click Save and it reverts to the previous state.

are you super admin? vendor?

PRO

try going to migration,. and set the storeowner id to yours

atedder

BanquetTables.pro, I went to migration and set the storeowner id to mine, and now the entire tab under 'Store' (I think it's called vendor) where you enter the language, terms, etc., is now completely gone. How can I get it back?

kory27

I'm experiencing the same issue upgrading from 1.98.M on JM 1.7.3.

I attached a screenshot of am getting error which I think has to to with the products not showing.

I've done the step describe here http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=95456.msg313535#msg313535.

I'm going to restore my backup again and try to do this manually.

Anyone solve this yet?

Thanks .

Kory
www.2wheeladventures.com

[attachment cleanup by admin]

kory27

The manual install worked.

Keep in mind, it overwrites your views so any changes you made, you have to redo.

Take care and Happy New Year!

Kory

PRO

Quote from: kory27 on December 31, 2011, 22:58:56 PM

Keep in mind, it overwrites your views so any changes you made, you have to redo.

you should do a template override

atedder

Quote from: BanquetTables.pro on December 29, 2011, 22:01:23 PM
try going to migration,. and set the storeowner id to yours

BanquetTables.pro, I went to migration and set the storeowner id to mine, and now the entire tab under 'Store' (I think it's called vendor) where you enter the language, terms, etc., is now completely gone. How can I get it back? Please reply, it's been several days and I really need to get this site running for my client.

PRO

atedder

Thank you, that brought it back. My previous issues are still unaddressed however. Do you have a fix for the following:

1. VM does not appear in the backend menu under components, I have to type in the url manually to get to the VM component.
  2. I can't access the Shipping menu. When I click on it, I get the following error: Fatal Error in maincontroller admin.virtuemart.php: Couldnt find file shippingcarrier
         It also does not appear properly in the menu. Instead of displaying the icon and normal text, it  displays COM_VIRTUEMART_SHIPPINGCARRIEER_S (as pictured in the attachement of previous post)
  3. I can't access the Credit Card menu. When I click on it, I get the following error: Fatal Error in maincontroller admin.virtuemart.php: Couldnt find file creditcard
         It also does not appear properly in the menu. Instead of displaying the icon and normal text, it  displays COM_VIRTUEMART_CREDIT_CARD_S (as pictured in the attachement of previous post)

Do you know how I can fix these last three issues?