News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

Order e-mails layout is horrible

Started by lindapowers, November 28, 2012, 23:30:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lindapowers

Sorry for the subject but thats the first thing I though about the new version.

The e-mails for virtuemart 1 were nice, clean and professional, this ones don't even fit the correct width and currency simbol is not even at the same line of the numbers.

Don't know if you have not worked on it, but something as simple as this gives a really bad impression of a component that is becoming better and better for what I see.

Regards

lindapowers

Since I got completely ignored and I updated to 2.018a to check if for a miracle someone cared to solve this layout issue..... I will cry a bit more cause the problem still exists and I can't believe everyone is using the VM2 default emails in their shops, you are showing that VM2.x email to your customers?

Pls developers I know you are doing a hard work with the core but pls this can't be the default Virtuemart 2 layout for the emails. Gives a really bad impression of a component, if you make a car with the best engine and it looks crap no one will care! Ruins the image of the entire component!

VM 1.x order confirmation email:

VM 2.x order confirmation email  ::) evolution? :o

At least fix the columns not aligning and the width of the email pls  :'(

I can't believe we have to use a template override for this, but if someone has a decent code pls share it or give it to them so they can fix it.

reinhold

Search the file components/com_virtuemart/views/invoice/tmpl/mail_html.php

Around line 54, you'll see
    <table style="margin: auto;" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="600" ><tr><td>

In particular, the width is hardcoded (!?!?!?!) to 600 pixel, which IMO is nonsense. Simply delete the width="600", and things will be fine again.

lipes

i agree with lindapowers.
The layout in orders emails it's VERY horrible  and is also hard to change since the beggining 2.0.0
VM V. online: J2.5.14 | VM 2.0.20a | SQL 5.1.70 | PHP 5.3.25

lindapowers

Thanks Reinhold, that solves it, I already asked Milbo to pls include it in future updates.

Thanks Lipes that makes me feel less strange, the layout is not super nice but at least with reinhold's solution the columns are aligned and the width of the email fits nicely  ;)