News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Phoca Gallery > VM2 images

Started by mickman, October 16, 2011, 17:17:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mickman

Hi All,

I updated to V-Mart2.    I use Phoca Gallery to load images to my site as it creates thumb nails automatically.    Phoca allows me to add a VM id so VM load product images from Phoca.. cool !

So here's my question.   Within VM 2  under    Configuration > Templates   do I need to set the   MEDIA FILE SETTINGS   from the default " images/stories/virtuemart/product/ "  to point to the Phoca gallery  image folders ?

note: I've created a bunch of images in Phoca gallery & assigned the appropriate  id number  but my images still won't show in VM2.

jjk

1. I suppose your Phoca Gallery is looking for a VM image id in the old VM1.x image path.
2. VM2 will only show images which are in the path/folders you set in 'Configuration' - 'Templates'.
3. What do you think is the advantage of using Phoca Gallery instead of VM2's own image handling capabilities.
Non-English Shops: Are your language files up to date?
http://virtuemart.net/community/translations

mickman

Hi & thanks for the speedy reply..

I was under the impression that since I have a Phoca Gallery image slide show on my front page I could keep image management isolated to Phoca.

But having said that... I've been fiddling with VM2s product image deployment and it looks fairly straight forward.. so I am now trying to upload images within VM2.  problem is my thumnails are showing fine... but when I click the thumb and the main description page appears (but no full size image)

hhmmm... ?

jjk

I suppose the folder where you actually have your full size image doesn't match your image path settings in VM2 Configuration - 'Templates' tab. Do you see both, the full size image and the thumb in the 'Product' Edit - 'Product Images' tab? Make shure you have both, the 'Used url' and 'Used url thumb' correctly set on this page.
Non-English Shops: Are your language files up to date?
http://virtuemart.net/community/translations

mickman

OK I got it sorted....   I noticed the product path  had 2x  " // "   at the end of the path address.      I notice that when you save a path it adds a " / " to the end.

wow I finally  have images loading smoothly.         www.comslot.com 

Thanks so much for the help.

mick

Milbo

Quote from: mickman on October 16, 2011, 21:34:43 PM
   I noticed the product path  had 2x  " // "   at the end of the path address.      I notice that when you save a path it adds a " / " to the end.
oh this is odd. It should only add a /,when there is not / set. hmm, thanks for the hint.
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

mickman

the only reason for the double  forward slash  was due to my actions.   I'd copied the original path & saved it for reference purposes (as all good programmers do ;)    Later I pasted it back in & upon hitting the save button VM2 saved it & added another forward slash.