News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

1.9.8G: a lot of pain

Started by Madde, September 22, 2011, 14:23:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Madde

Hello,

Is it me or what? What am I doing wrong? VM 2.0 should go stable any minute but my experience width 1.9.8G is that it's not quite ready.  :(

- You can't login after you registered yourself in the shop (frontend).
- The message "Please accept the terms of service to confirm" is shown even if I do check the checkbox before I submit the order. Sometimes this message is shown twice, after you checked it.
- The checkbox "Please read and accept the terms of service" and the message "Please accept the terms of service to confirm" is shown even if I uncheck the "Must agree to Terms of Service on EVERY ORDER? " checkbox in the Virtuemart Configuration on the tab 'Checkout' (backend).
- Sometimes a message: "Array" (frontend). (?)
- It's possible to register twice with existing account details.
- Even if I choose "Registered" for 'new registration group' in Users Configuration, the new shoppers who register themselves are not assigned to any Group at all.
- The "Leave a Message" field strippes away "å,ä,ö", ".", "," and spaces.

I'm sure that I must be doing something wrong - but what?? Is it something with ACL..? What can I do to make it work? I would really like to use this new beautiful eCommerce solution.....  :-*

I use J1.7 and VM 1.9.8G

Milbo

Quote from: Madde on September 22, 2011, 14:23:36 PM
- You can't login after you registered yourself in the shop (frontend).
This is new, or maybe fixed already in the svn. Time for a new subversion, still too many bugs, we dont be like vista ;-)

- The checkbox "Please read and accept the terms of service" and the message "Please accept the terms of service to confirm" is shown even if I uncheck the "Must agree to Terms of Service on EVERY ORDER? " checkbox in the Virtuemart Configuration on the tab 'Checkout' (backend).
Afaik fixed in svn

- Sometimes a message: "Array" (frontend). (?)
debug activated? maybe already fixed, please explain closer

- It's possible to register twice with existing account details.
hmm? seems to be connected to the problem nr1.

- Even if I choose "Registered" for 'new registration group' in Users Configuration, the new shoppers who register themselves are not assigned to any Group at all.
That is afaik right that way, but when the user is loaded he gets automatically assigned to that group.

- The "Leave a Message" field strippes away "å,ä,ö", ".", "," and spaces.
This is a security issue. We filter all input for safety in the JRequest and in the tables. I am not sure if we are able to fix that for the final version. Maybe you can help us with it :-). (Google for JFilter)

Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Madde

Thankyou for your answer!

Ok, now I get it. Everything seems to be under control, I'll just have to wait.  ;) I think you're doing a marvellous job, don't get me wrong. I thought that since the Virtuemart News last week saying "The new VirtueMart 2 Version is now in the last testing phase. We are very sure that we could release this friday", the shop was ready to go online on a production site by now....  :) I am a true optimist, I guess.

I really appreciate your kind suggestion that I should help with the Jfilter.  ;) But I'm afraid I'm not that into coding.... I would have been happy to help you guys out if I had the knowledge...

I like this new Virtuemart so much, that I intend to use it on a production site. I will disable the registration part, since it not ready, and let the customers do the shopping as guests. And when the stable VM 2.0 enters on the arena I will upgrade.

Best regards!

jenkinhill

Quote from: Madde on September 23, 2011, 10:55:15 AM
I like this new Virtuemart so much, that I intend to use it on a production site. I will disable the registration part, since it not ready, and let the customers do the shopping as guests. And when the stable VM 2.0 enters on the arena I will upgrade.

Yes it is good - but be aware that a site using an RC version is likely to fail PCI screening, and you may need to have a full security check, although should be OK if using PayPal.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum