News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Errors after install

Started by Rolling Spider, August 28, 2011, 00:18:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rolling Spider

Joomla! Version    Joomla! 1.7.0 Stable [ Ember ] 19-Jul-2011 14:00 GMT
Joomla! Platform Version    Joomla Platform 11.1 Stable+Modified [ Ember ] 01-Jun-2011 06:00 GMT
PHP Built On    Linux host382.hostmonster.com 2.6.32-42.1.BHsmp #1 SMP Tue Jun 28 17:06:41 MDT 2011 x86_64
Database Version    5.1.58-community-log
Database Collation    utf8_general_ci
PHP Version    5.2.17
Web Server    Apache
WebServer to PHP Interface    cgi-fcgi

Site http://www.rollingspider.com/TV/index.php?Itemid=466 ... not a lot on there yet as spending time trying to get a shopping cart

VM  virtuemart1.9.8.RC2e_extract_first

Understand this is beta and not stable yet .. but Wow Hard work getting this to work

Tried virtuemart1.9.8.RC2c_extract_first and seen all the problems pictures not installing etc etc then installed virtuemart1.9.8.RC2d_extract_first and seen the problems etc etc

So waited and seen the update sign in my Joomla Admin and pressed upgrade ... went to a blank page ..

so Downloaded the version virtuemart1.9.8.RC2e_extract_first .. Extracted ... uninstalled the old version ...  and installed this ...

tried a few times and could see Extensions installation enhanced by Akeeba Backup and it was going through Akeeba Backup and not installing from there so went to Back to standard installer

Joomla said installed but couldnt install admin menus ... OK So I Put option=com_virtuemart and got to the shop ...  installed sample data to test it and get at the top of the page

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in///components/com_virtuemart/router.php on line 709

so deleted Sample data and added a test product (Still couldnt see catergory or product pictures after uploading them .. no errors or anything just nothing showed up)

and if I press add to cart I get

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in/components/com_virtuemart/router.php on line 709

Warning: mysqli_close() [function.mysqli-close]: Couldn't fetch mysqli in/libraries/joomla/database/database/mysqli.php on line 148

Fatal error: Call to a member function setCurrent() on a non-object in /components/com_virtuemart/views/cart/view.html.php on line 248

Hard Work

and If I go to

com_Virtumart_all in One from the admin menu I get

Joomla!
404 - An error has occurred.

Component not found

Return to Control Panel

I checked on Extenshion mamager / manage and can see VirtueMart_allinone  .. so uninstalled and re installed mod_virtuemart_allinone.1.9.8e but still the same

Sorry hope all this help get a Stable version that works for everyone

Cheers

Paul

Milbo

Quote from: Rolling Spider on August 28, 2011, 00:18:01 AM
tried a few times and could see Extensions installation enhanced by Akeeba Backup and it was going through Akeeba Backup and not installing from there so went to Back to standard installer

This all sounds very depressing. The error above had a tester when akeeba rollback option or simular was enabled. Next thing when you use j1.7 and php5.3 dont use mysqli.php. Hmm but you use php5.2, give it a try.

When you uninstall vm, you dont delete the tables. But the installer looks for the tables. So I think the installer did an update, maybe that is another reason for your other errors.

Joomla said installed but couldnt install admin menus ...

This happened in all in one installer or the component? In the all in one installer it is "intended", that means we dont need an admin menu there and so it is not in the xml and joomla throws an error due it.

But for component that is a new one. It is purely done by joomla 1.7 it just reads the xml for it. To correct your installation you should try this http://dev.virtuemart.net/projects/virtuemart/wiki/Manual_installationupdate_of_VM2
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Rolling Spider

Thanks Milbo for replying ...

Joomla said installed but couldnt install admin menus ...

Joomla said installed but couldnt install admin menus ...  happened in the Virtumart Component  .... the  the all in one installed fine ... but if I go to Joomla admin / Components Menu then down com_virtumart_ allinone I get -  404 - An error has occurred. like you said

Component not found 404

What I might try on Monday (Promised to take the wife and little one out today) is a totally fresh install of Joomla ... nothing on it ... IM lucky as im just starting the site so wont lose a lot .. start a fresh ... so it hasnt got any remnants from older test versions of virtuemart to bug it down

I just tried a fresh install of Joomla on a sub domain and installed the virtuemart (virtuemart1.9.8.RC2e_extract_first) and didnt see the errors

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in///components/com_virtuemart/router.php on line 709

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in/components/com_virtuemart/router.php on line 709

Warning: mysqli_close() [function.mysqli-close]: Couldn't fetch mysqli in/libraries/joomla/database/database/mysqli.php on line 148

Fatal error: Call to a member function setCurrent() on a non-object in /components/com_virtuemart/views/cart/view.html.php on line 248

So could be some junk left over that made it throw a wobbly, So will try on monday totally a fresh on the main site to see if that all works fine

Just thought I would post for people with a lot on their site incase these problems arise and so you know and they would know why its doing it ....

Thank you though for your prompt reply and help .. will keep you posted how the fresh install goes on Monday

Milbo

I already found the two typos in the installer, both only happens, when you try to update an vm2 version. We will provide a new version soon.
thanks
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member