News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Which Installs to use?

Started by MarkClarkeLondon, August 18, 2011, 20:40:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MarkClarkeLondon

Hi

New user here - so please excuse me while I explore

Quick questions - Which is the best version of VirtueMart to install - in terms of stability and compatibility and - a little confused here - I need to install Joomla, the latest version appears to be 1.7, do I ignore this and go for 1.5 as per the Virtuemart FAQ?

Thanks

jenkinhill

If you need the store set up in the next few weeks use Joomla 1.5.23 with VirtueMart 1.1.9

If you are not in a hurry and have plenty of experience with Joomla and php/debugging then try Joomla 1.7 and the next VM2RC release (so some more of the current bugs are already squished).  Shipping and payment modules for VM2 are minimal at the moment, so those could hold you up as well.

Joomla 1.7 is only a short term release and will be replaced by Joomla 2.5 in January. Joomla 1.5.will be supported until the end of April approx.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

MarkClarkeLondon

Magic - Thank you

I've just started looking at VirtueMart after a bad experience with Volusion, so am treading carefully at the moment

jakeslife

Quote from: jenkinhill on August 18, 2011, 23:32:53 PM
If you need the store set up in the next few weeks use Joomla 1.5.23 with VirtueMart 1.1.9

It's sad that this is the most current information I can find on a VM2 release after an hour of looking through the forums.

jenkinhill

Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

martinfuchs

Thanks for the advices......Cool ;)