News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

Flat Rate by Item?

Started by Hammerhead, December 18, 2009, 15:55:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hammerhead

Need help to figure out if it is possible to ship items only in a certain category via USPS Priority Mail.

I'm working on a VM store for a Nonprofit organization that sells small logo items.  All these items are under one pound and the organization does not have the manpower to support multiple shipping methods, so they've decided to go with USPS Flat Rate at $4.95 for their logo items.

However there will also be items in other categories which require UPS weight-based calculations.

Is there a way to set VM (perhaps using categories?) to force only certain items, or groups (categories) of items to use only one shipping method?

Thanks in advance!

Morcorp

One work around may be to set the weight of those category items at a minimum weight. As such, the shipping will calculate the min charge. ??

Hammerhead

Quote from: Morcorp on January 04, 2010, 21:16:07 PM
One work around may be to set the weight of those category items at a minimum weight. As such, the shipping will calculate the min charge. ??
Unfortunately that method won't work for us.

closeupman

I would like to know this too. I've tried even setting the products dimensions too big to fit in a usps priority mail envelope, but I still get it as an option. I too would like to know if there's a way to restrict shipping options.

lowmips

QuoteI've tried even setting the products dimensions too big to fit in a usps priority mail envelope, but I still get it as an option

The USPS API is not "smart" in that it will return impossible results, such as what you describe above.
Visit my website at www.lowmips.com
View my newsletters Here (sign up for newsletters on the front page of my website)