News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

Include shipping price in the Tax

Started by BlueNight83, August 14, 2009, 09:12:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BlueNight83

Using 1.1.3 stable, and The UPSĀ® Shipping module.

Tax is being applied correctly to the product, but not including the shipping charge.  I really need help to make sure that shipping price gets included in the Total Tax.

Any ideas?

Is there any way to apply the tax AFTER shipping method has been selected?

Thanks,
Lupin

[attachment cleanup by admin]

PowerPal

You don't charge tax for shipping... In other words, shipping charges do not require taxes and therefore you shouldn't charge taxes for shipping. Btw, this is for US only. Not sure about other countries.

tillo

In Germany and all other EU-States it is needed to set tax for ALL rates (e.g. 19% in GER). But the tax for shipping is NOT included in basket and order.

This is NOT correct!  :-\

I'm using VM 1.1.4.

Leon van der Zanden

I had the same problem. I solved it by changing the zone of the country where I am selling from. In this case Netherlands; zone 1.

After this the TAX calculaton on shipping costs works as it should.

JCarnley

This is wrong for most US states.  Each state decides whether or not to charge tax on shipping.  I know for sure that PA does charge a sales tax on the cost of shipping.  Otherwise people could sell items for $1 and charge $25 shipping to get around sales taxes.

marrylhyn07

Maybe if you if you want to know if is there any way to apply the tax after shipping method has been selected, I guess it is better if you seek the help of Filing Back Taxes. Because in me, I have learned that you don't charge tax for shipping. In other words, shipping charges do not require taxes and therefore you shouldn't charge taxes for shipping. But not sure about other countries.

kbrookes

Yeah - this is totally not true for other countries. In Australia, we charge a GST, 'Goods and Services Tax' - shipping is considered a service.

There should be a checkbox in the backend for this.
Kelsey
thinksync