News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

Password for API Login

Started by gbosy, June 23, 2009, 16:59:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gbosy

I am using VM 1.1.3 om a joomla 1.5 latest version. Website is www.hope4myloan.com. While setting up my VM credit card with authorize net when I have to inout the joomla password to enter my transaction key, I get nothing but another blank box for the password so I can not enter the API transaction key.

cwk

It's a kind of strange interface.  The password is your Joomla password, then you enter your Auth.Net password.  The Auth.Net ID goes in the first page.  You get all of that from

https://account.authorize.net/UI/themes/anet/User/TransactionKey.aspx

gbosy

I understand it is my Joomla password but as I said when I hit enter it just comes back as a blank password box again. I hvae triedevery pass word available and no difference. I even installed Joomla and VM on another site to see if it would work and the same problem. Last week it worked as it should but not ow. Thanks for your suggestion but still looking for an answer.

mosgood78

I am having the same exact problem. I am entering my JOOMLA admin password here and the box just comes up blank again and asks me to enter my User Password again. Over and over again. I'm using the exact same password as my JOOMLA admin account.

mosgood78

Just for the heck of it I tried entering my password in Chrome instead of Internet Explorer 8 and it worked fine in Chrome and let me enter my transaction key. It works fine in Chrome but not in IE8.

Try Chrome or Firefox as your browser and see if it works for you.

webfirstpro

I have this same problem and cannot get to the screen where I enter the transaction key.

I am on Joomla 1.5.14 and using Virtuemart 1.1.4

I log into the Joomla admin and go to the Virtuemart Component, select "Store" then select "List Payment Methods". Next is select "Credit Card" from row two. Next I select the Configuration tab. Finally, I select the "Show / Change the Transaction Key" link and enter in my Joomla admin password.

At this point, I click the submit button and the page simply refreshes (still on the same page asking me to enter my Joomla admin password).

I have tried IE7, IE8, Firefox 3.0.15, and Safari 4.0.3

I really need some help figuring this out and I'm willing to pay for it.

nl94568

We have been pulling out hair out for the same reason and finally changed our master password (Joomla) to see if that would work to allow us "in"....and we are "IN". 

So...try changing your admin password, log in again and then enter the new Joomla Password to see if you can get to the field that way.  I hope it works...we know how frustrating it is...took us a couple of hours..so frustrating!!!  So glad we got it to work.  Good luck