Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

vmError: Path wrong to store invoices, folder invoices does not exist

Started by amlil71, May 31, 2024, 00:40:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

amlil71

Hello,

since virtuemart 4.2.4 with joomla 4 i have this error message

vmError: Path wrong to store invoices, folder invoices does not exist /var/www/clients/client0/web5/vmfiles/invoices/

You cannot view this attachment.
I don't understand this message because i have the invoice folder in FTP server

I can't change order status.

I don't understand why i have this issue.

Thank you for your help.

regards.

AH

Ignore the tools message

Go to the configuration/templates

and in the
   Media Files Settings

Check the value of the

Safe Path

Make sure that this folder is avilable for read/write access in your folder permissions on the server
Regards
A

Joomla 4.4.5
php 8.1

amlil71

Hello thank you for your answer.

The path and right access are good.

I try to change path of open_basedir of my website server. I have the same issue.

2024-06-02 13:13:10 ERROR vmError: Path wrong to store invoices, folder invoices does not exist /var/www/clients/client0/web4/vmfiles/invoices/<pre>#0 /var/www/clients/client0/web4/web/administrator/components/com_virtuemart/models/invoice.php(399): vmError()
#1 /var/www/clients/client0/web4/web/administrator/components/com_virtuemart/views/updatesmigration/tmpl/default_spwizard.php(51): VirtueMartModelInvoice::getInvoicePath()
#2 /var/www/clients/client0/web4/web/libraries/src/MVC/View/HtmlView.php(415): include('...')
</pre>

All folders are created with good rights ( chmod = 755).

I don't understand what's change since virtuemart 4.2.2.

With virtuemart 4.2.0 i don't have this issue. It's work very nice as you can see in picture below but i want to update virtuemart.

You cannot view this attachment.

My server is debian 12 and i have joomla 4.4.5.

I try to find a solution but i don't find it. In local xampp server i don't have this issue.

I precise that with this message error i can't update orders. It generates errors.

regards.

AH

Stop using those tools (Outils) - the displayed result has a bug in your version.

GO to the configuration page and the Templates tab
Then complete the entry of the path in the "safe path" field

If it saves without errors then it is working.

If it shows that the path has a problem then you need to look further into your directory structure and server configs

Regards
A

Joomla 4.4.5
php 8.1

amlil71

Hello, thank you for your answer. The safe path is good in configuration tab.

The error message indicated in the Tools and Migration tab is indeed problematic. Some orders do not validate automatically despite the payment being received in the bank. There is an error message, but nothing in the logs. I don't understand why we are experiencing increasing instability. I hope this issue will be addressed in the next versions because I can no longer update since version 4.2. It is becoming difficult to use VirtueMart.

Regards.

hazael

This is not a PHP, Apache or Nginx error so you won't find anything in the error logs. In your configuration, you have selected a path that is marked as "active" -
 the folders are writable, so there is no problem. What is marked as "inactive" is irrelevant - it can be ignored.

However, I believe that you should not create folders to store invoices where Joomla is installed. The secure folder should be in a path that is inaccessible to your domain

amlil71

Hello, thank you for your answers. I will wait next update and try. I can't udapte now, there are lots errors with change orders status.
Regards.