News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Send Mail in Product Page

Started by multistud, October 03, 2023, 15:49:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

multistud

Hello all,
On the products there is a function to send an email to the customer who has purchased...
How should this function be activated because for the moment it does not work!
When you fill out the message and click send! Nothing is happening.... :-[

jenkinhill

The email option is to send emails to shoppers who have requested to be notified when a product is back in stock, as set up in the "Action when a Product is Out of Stock " area on the Configuration/Shopfront tab.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

multistud

Thank you for your reply;
Ok, I understand, but then how can I retrieve this list of customers with their emails in order to send them a message? AcyMailing works well, but only with customers subscribed to the site... and not those who purchased directly without subscription (75%).

jenkinhill

I just looked into this. It's something I have not used or tested for years. There used to be a section for "Users waiting to be notified when this product is back in stock" on the product status tab, but this is no longer there. Also the Notify me button no longer causes the email of the user to be stored, but the db table to store the notify request is still present - ###__virtuemart_waitingusers    - this does not get updated.

Looks like this part of VM is broken.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

multistud

In fact, the goal will be to retrieve the list of customers (registered or not) who have purchased a specific product, in order to inform them about the new features of this product or simply send them a gift voucher, etc.
This list does exist since it appears in the statuses of each product.
Currently we are testing with copy/paste to create lists in AcyMailing! but it's long and tedious...

François