News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

Custom field text editor add extra configuration field

Started by Kuubs, February 13, 2023, 10:30:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kuubs

Hello,

I'd like to have a custom field that is basically a text editor field but I'd like to have another extra input field to add in some value. How can I achive this? Is it possible to just ouright add the field to the custom field declaration? And if so where can i find this?

pinochico

QuoteI'd like to have a custom field that is basically a text editor field but I'd like to have another extra input field to add in some value.

Why?
www.minijoomla.org  - new portal for Joomla!, Virtuemart and other extensions
XML Easy Feeder - feeds for FB, GMC,.. from products, categories, orders, users, articles, acymailing subscribers and database table
Virtuemart Email Manager - customs email templates
Import products for Virtuemart - from CSV and XML
Rich Snippets - Google Structured Data
VirtueMart Products Extended - Slider with products, show Others bought, Products by CF ID and others filtering products

Kuubs

Quote from: pinochico on February 13, 2023, 14:07:38 PM
QuoteI'd like to have a custom field that is basically a text editor field but I'd like to have another extra input field to add in some value.

Why?

IN this specific case I'd like to fill in a product ID so that the details of this specific product can get loaded and shown with the text provided in the text editor.. It's a very specific case. I could add 2 different custom fields in the same popsition, but I'd liek to have it in 1 custom field to minimize clutter.

pinochico

I still don't understand.

I have Product ID100, where there is a description and I insert a customfiled of type TEXT to display the extended text from the customfiled on the product detail.
Up to this point it is logical.
But why on earth do I need to re-insert ID100 into the customfile?

This is some illogical :(

And insert another product ID, e.g. ID200?
I don't understand.
Am I going to want to display a different product (related?) on the product detail of ID100, moreover with a different description than the base description for product ID200?

And what:
- core related products?
- customfiled text for related products?
- extended related products module showing products by customfiled or by simple ID listing?
- A gift plugin for the product?

I can think of many other system solutions, but unfortunately you still haven't explained what the goal is.
It needs a clear specification and an example with images.
XML Easy Feeder - feeds for FB, GMC,.. from products, categories, orders, users, articles, acymailing subscribers and database table
VirtueMart Products Extended - Slider with products, show Others bought, Products by CF ID and others filtering products

Studio 42

All Virtuemart product (system) customfields only have 1 field
If you need more you can create your own customfield plugin and add any number of fields
For some customers i created customfields plugin with 10 entries (and more).
see for eg. https://shop.st42.fr/en/shorcodes-english-doc

pinochico

Yes, As wrote Patrick, you can create self custom plugin or use his plugin or wait for new plugin from him, but my question continue for solutions with core VM without extended developping.
For this options you have to write more info then you wrote :)

balai

Why not adding 1 more custom field of type input text below that?

pinochico

to balai:

QuoteI could add 2 different custom fields in the same popsition, but I'd liek to have it in 1 custom field to minimize clutter.

balai

Then he can use a custom field group to add them both with 1 move.