News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

How to setup shop home page in VM 4.

Started by visitmontaione, November 17, 2022, 13:42:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

visitmontaione

Hello I am asking how to setup shop home page in Virtuemart 4 on Joomla 4 installation.

I've seen a tutorial for VM 3 where in the menu setting you can link to virtuemart > fist page (home page), but in VM 4 there is no more this possibility.

So, how to setup the shop home page?

Do I have to create a simple article like "Shop home page" and place a module with a products list inside of it? This works but I would like to ask if there is a common way to di this.

Thanks for your help.

Filippo

jenkinhill

There are many ways to set up a store website homepage. One approach is to use a Joomla article as the home page to introduce the shop and provide information for site visitors. Selected products could be displayed on that page using product modules, which is a good way to promote special or seasonal items, for example.

I suspect most people use a VirtueMart ยป Category Layout Joomla menu link for the home page. Within the menu tabs are a large range of configuration options so the page can show your categories and selection of products is you wish. You choose!

An example using this method is on http://demo.virtuemart.net
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

visitmontaione

Quote from: jenkinhill on November 17, 2022, 15:32:39 PM
There are many ways to set up a store website homepage. One approach is to use a Joomla article as the home page to introduce the shop and provide information for site visitors. Selected products could be displayed on that page using product modules, which is a good way to promote special or seasonal items, for example.

Thank you jenkinhill

That's exactly as I've done. By the way is good to know that there is another way to do. I will keep it in mind.

Saluti

pinochico

Sorry, this is basic knowledge about joomla, type of menu and how working this type of joomla.

If you want how create home page for eshop
- look at the internet om the other shops
- take every type of menu from VM and create and looking what is heappend

www.minijoomla.org  - new portal for Joomla!, Virtuemart and other extensions
XML Easy Feeder - feeds for FB, GMC,.. from products, categories, orders, users, articles, acymailing subscribers and database table
Virtuemart Email Manager - customs email templates
Import products for Virtuemart - from CSV and XML
Rich Snippets - Google Structured Data
VirtueMart Products Extended - Slider with products, show Others bought, Products by CF ID and others filtering products

visitmontaione

Quote from: pinochico on November 18, 2022, 10:59:07 AM
Sorry, this is basic knowledge about joomla, type of menu and how working this type of joomla.

If you want how create home page for eshop
- look at the internet om the other shops
- take every type of menu from VM and create and looking what is heappend

More than 1500 message and you always answer like this? You can avoid answering my post. Maybe a better english should be appreciated. Thanks.

pinochico

And what answer would you like?

6that you don't have to do anything, try anything yourself, and just wait to see what they write here?

Where do I see your test site?
Where do I see the test URL you made and why it's not working for you?
Where do I just see that you did something?

or do you expect someone to think it up and write it and eventually do it for you?

Me, when I got a book at school (history for example) before school started, I read the whole thing in the holidays and when we started studying I already knew everything.
I didn't wait for someone else.

When I started VM, I spent many hundreds of hours doing my own experiments.
What about you?

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)
www.minijoomla.org  - new portal for Joomla!, Virtuemart and other extensions
XML Easy Feeder - feeds for FB, GMC,.. from products, categories, orders, users, articles, acymailing subscribers and database table
Virtuemart Email Manager - customs email templates
Import products for Virtuemart - from CSV and XML
Rich Snippets - Google Structured Data
VirtueMart Products Extended - Slider with products, show Others bought, Products by CF ID and others filtering products